Accounting Supervisor - Job ID 606937
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a hybrid position working 3 days onsite in Rockville, MD and 2 days remote.
To most growers, the flower they harvest is the end of the road. For us, it's just the beginning.
Our mission is to grow more than the world's best Cannabis. We're growing a better world. One that's more caring, compassionate, understanding, and informed.
Behind our every Sour Diesel, Gelato Cake, and Cherry Chem Flower is something bigger: our mission to create meaningful, positive change in the world.
To fight for equality within the industry and society. To give those in need access to the medicine they require. To change perceptions about this miraculous plant and the power it contains. To soothe and heal, without hurting our Mother Earth.
Every day we learn a bit more about the unlimited potential cannabis holds, and there's nothing we like more than sharing it with you. Because to us, cannabis is much more than a plant; it's our chance to change the world, one person, one patient, one policy at a time.
Find your higher purpose with us!
Our Accounting Supervisor will be managing a staff accountant and will be responsible for daily accounting activities and financial reporting.
Your role in caring for our company:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Account Payable -Supervise and manage the AP function:
- Review accounting classifications prior to GL posting to ensure accuracy. Review the vendor's invoices approval, coding and posting to QB
- Supervise weekly AP check run
- Responsible for vendor maintenance and 1099 report generation
- Supervise the work of AP/AR Staff Accountant
Account Receivable- Supervise and manage the AR function:
- Ensure correct of customers' billing and timely collection of AR and application of cash against customers' account
- Prepare/review bank compliance reports (BFCU Compliance Audit report)
- Supervise the work of AP/AR Staff Accountant
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Record fixed asset addition, disposal, and monthly depreciation expense
- Work with Tax Accountants to prepare and file the necessary fixed asset listing with state tax authorities
Month/Year end close
- Responsible for General ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries, account reconciliations, etc. Prepare JE's to update GL for
- Depreciation and amortization
- Prepaid expenses
- Bank and other accounts reconciliation
- Review and ensure Check List and work schedule are updated and kept current on an ongoing basis.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts
- Prepare entity specific and consolidated financial statements including Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, Statement of Cash Flow & Change in Financial Position
- Ensure all accounting records, policies and practices are processed and stored according to company practice (both paper and electronic).
- Assist the CFO with special projects as needed
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
Qualifications we ask you to have:
- For legal reasons, all employees need to be at least 21 years of age.
- You will be asked to pass a Federal and State criminal history background check.
- You will be asked to pass a drug screen following procedures set forth in COMAR 17.04.09.04-.08.
- We do ask that you have at minimum a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field; a Master's degree is preferred.
- We do ask that you have at least 4 years of experience in accounting/finance with increasing responsibility.
- You will need to have experience with preparation for audits and have previous experience working directly with auditors.
- It's Accounting! Please have strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, charts, etc.).
- Please have at least one (1) year management/supervisory experience.
- CPA preferred but not required.
Addition skills which will help you excel in your role:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully work both independently and collaboratively across functions.
- Desire and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers.
- Strong work ethics - be accountable and proactive.
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a high production environment!
This is not your average desk job! Please make sure you are willing and able to perform the following:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions
- This position requires an inordinate amount of sitting, standing and reaching in full range of motion to complete physical tasks.
- Must be capable of sitting for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental (F/T employees)
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
- Employee Assistance Plan
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
DCM Inc. d/b/a MCP OPCO LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. MCP OPCO LLC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MCP OPCO LLC are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. MCP OPCO LLC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at DCM Inc