We are seeking an Operations Assistant to join our growing dynamic team. Demountable Concepts, Inc. designs and manufactures best-in-class engineered commercial vehicle solutions in a wide range of industries. Our goal is not to just meet industry standards, but to exceed them!
DCI is a proud equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages, as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees. At DCI, we promote and encourage a culture of growth and believe that every employee can and does make a difference – no matter your role or level of experience. We thrive on team spirit and focus on hands-on learning to help our employees learn and grow within the company.
Job Duties / Responsibilities: The Operations Assistant will directly report to and provide administrative support to the VP of Operations. Qualified candidates will have exceptional organizational and writing skills. A high level of technical/mechanical skills is required, as well as a proven track record in project management. To be successful you must also possess excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Assist / support the VP of operations with coordinating ongoing projects, production planning, research, vendor management, and other tasks related to manufacturing operations
- Prioritize and manage daily tasks and workflow
- Schedule, maintain, organize, and document meetings
- Create memos, correspondence, reports, etc. as directed
- Assist with the development and distribution of written processes
- Assist human resources and department managers with hiring, training, and performance review processes
- Develop and monitor accountability measures to ensure operational and production goals are met
- Identify, document, and report opportunities for continuous improvement
- Perform other general administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma required; Associates Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree considered a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an administrative role in a manufacturing production environment required; knowledge of manufacturing-based processes and principles required
- Must have excellent hands-on mechanical, technical, analytical, and organizational skills; be a strategic forward thinker
- Must have the ability to effectively prioritize and manage workflow
- Must be inquisitive, self-disciplined, and self-motivated with a positive attitude and an unrelenting drive to succeed
- Must be versatile, flexible, and possess the ability to thrive in a diverse, fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Excellent computer skills are required - includes ALL Microsoft applications
- CRM and/or OEM Software (e.g., Salesforce) experience considered a plus
- Experience using equipment common to the welding trade (e.g. mig welder, oxyacetylene torch, plasma cutter, saw, drill press, grinder, etc.) considered a plus
- Knowledge of six-sigma, lean manufacturing, ISO9001, or equivalent considered a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) considered a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive total compensation package and are fully committed to helping every employee attain their professional and personal goals. The hourly pay rate for this position is negotiable and will be based on experience.
Health Insurance / Holiday Pay / 401K / Free Uniforms / Employee Incentive Program / Fantastic Educational and Career Advancement Benefits / Paid Training and Welding Certifications