Business Intelligence Analyst
- Posted: May 16, 2022
DCI Donor Services is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team. This position can be located in one of three locations Sacramento, CA, Nashville, TN, or Albuquerque, NM ! We are looking for candidates who:
- Show passion in their work
- Committed to saving and enhancing lives
- Want to make a difference and help others
- Be part of a fantastic team
Below are some of the key accountabilities this position will hold:
- Utilizes Power BI, advanced Excel and other tools to design, maintain, and enhance a suite of dashboards and visualizations that drive key business decisions necessary to evaluate and improve outcomes.
- Frequently performs ad hoc analyses including conceptualization, data gathering, analysis, presentation, and monitoring.
- Develops and delivers operational performance reporting of results against the organization's KPIs on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cadences.
- Builds complex budget models to facilitate the development of a portion of the organization's operational and financial budgets. Monitors budget variance analysis and provides insight on potential reasons for variances.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to understand business needs, propose solutions and support the development of data-related projects.
- Develops and maintains trusted advisor relationships with leaders that include guidance for optimizing use of analytic capabilities and deliverables, and prioritization based on strategic vision.
- Acts as subject matter expert on the organization's electronic medical record system, data lifecycle, and reporting tools and offers strategic guidance to business teams on how to best leverage these resources.
- Extracts data from multiple sources and transforms the data into a consumable format.
- Leverages skills in communication, data visualization, and data formatting to share information with varying audiences in an understandable and actionable manner.
- Facilitates project planning including documenting requests and technical requirements, scheduling meetings to involve appropriate business partners, and providing follow-up communication.
- Ensures data is captured accurately and efficiently within the organization's electronic medical record system and data warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience, Master's degree preferred in Business, Computer Science, Statistics or Health Administration
- 3 - 5 years related experience including management with advanced Excel skills (including advanced formulas, pivot tables, and PowerPivot) and data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau, SQL/TSQL
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, and Microsoft office applications. Experience with SQL/TSQL, Power BI, or Tableau required.
- Knowledge/understanding of fact/dimension-based data warehousing and data modeling concepts. Able to draw meaningful conclusions and actionable insight through data analysis and articulate conclusions to non-technical audiences
DCIDS is an EOE/AA employer - M/F/Vet/Disability.
DCI Donor Services
BusinessView all jobs at DCI Donor Services