Position: PrePress Operator
Classification: Hourly – Non-Exempt
Schedule: Second Shift
Reports To: PrePress Manager
ABOUT DCG ONE
DCG ONE started in 1965 in our founder's one-car garage. We've grown to become one of the largest privately held marketing service providers on the West Coast. We're a commercial printer and an environmental steward. We proof, render, set, coat, cut, glue, bind, convert, insert, laminate, and yes: print. We also have a full-service creative and marketing agency.
Summary of position
Work with other production departments to keep print jobs moving and on time through the production process. Work with the Engineering, CSR, and Sales teams to provide any information or assistance needed to plan and execute customer expectations for the final product produced. Work with Proofing and Plating Operators to share technical information, troubleshoot problems, and keep up with continuously changing Prepress software and technologies. Assist all Plating and Proofing Operators with technical issues and troubleshooting. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and manage repairs or technical support. Monitor all Backups to ensure proper data redundancy.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of all Prepress software applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, Pitstop, and imposition software (Preps, Metrix)
- Knowledge of image manipulation, color correction, file preparation and troubleshooting
- Experience and understanding of prepress workflow and how it relates to the overall production and business workflow (proofing cycles, plating, etc.)
- Knowledge of color profiling and device calibration (G7)
- Knowledge of CTP ripping systems
- Knowledge of Variable Data Printing (VDP), digital printing, and web to print workflows
- Knowledge of JDF imposition workflow
- Knowledge of remote/virtual proofing
- General experience and knowledge of modern commercial offset printing and digital prepress
- Knowledge of Archiving/Retrieval and Backup systems
- Knowledge of Macintosh server administration
- Knowledge of Macintosh and PC networking, and the issues that arise between them
- Knowledge of Macintosh and PC hardware and software issues, and how to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of basic Macintosh and PC repair; able to replace basic parts like RAM or power supply
- Ability to manage time effectively, using excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- Experience with all prepress applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, Pitstop
- Experience with image manipulation, color correction, file prep
- Experience with color profiling and device calibration (G7)
- Experience with CTP ripping system. Fuji XMF
- Understanding of JDF imposition workflow
- Understanding of remote/virtual proofing
- General experience and knowledge of modern commercial offset printing
- Technical Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Customer/Client Focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hearing protection may be required
DCG ONE does not tolerate discrimination of any type and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. DCG ONE is an at-will employer.