Veteran Friendly Strategic Communications Planner, The Crux Firm
- Expired: July 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
CruxDCG is a joint venture between The Crux Firm, a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and The District Communications Group (DCG). For over a decade, we have provided program management, strategic communications, and public affairs expertise across the federal government. Our work encompasses the development and execution of research-based, results-driven campaigns for the Departments of the Army, Commerce, Defense, Education, Homeland Security (DHS), Housing and Urban Development, State, Transportation, and Veterans Affairs; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and the Small Business Administration.
The Crux Firm is seeking a well-rounded, organized, thorough and proactive Strategic Communications Planner responsible for delivering full-service strategic and tactical-level communication on behalf of our client, the Army Office of the Chief of Public Affairs (OCPA). The planner will support and oversee activities including but not limited to the development and execution of strategic communication plans, coordination, and attendance of communication planning meetings, and execution of various communication plans and events. The Strategist will also prepare senior leadership for briefings, press conferences, and media round tables as well write news releases, and craft themes, messages and talking points on various programs and systems for use by senior leadership, soldiers, and civilians.
Location: The team will return to the client site at the Pentagon in January 2022.
- A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated relevant experience to have been achieved within the last ten (10) years
- Experience in strategic communications planning
- Proven experience developing and implementing external communications planning across multiple communications channels and platforms, including formats such as social media engagement, stakeholder outreach, media relations, and federal agency coordination
- Ability to grasp tone and voice of the audience(s)
- Experience in developing and executing integrated communications plans through digital and traditional media
- Experience developing and writing in a variety of communication formats and styles, including but not limited to news releases, email, and talking points
- Current or prior experience supporting federal programs/clients highly desired
- Prior military (Army strongly preferred) experience as a Public Affairs Officer strongly desired
What’s in it for you?
The Crux Firm prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conference
The Crux Firm is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at DCG Communications