DCG Communications (DCG) is seeking a Senior Writer/Editor to join our rapidly expanding communications team supporting our client in a national public and private partnership to improve American’s mental health. You will work as part of the communications team responsible for implementing a variety of communication products and tools, proactive strategies, and effective distribution processes related to mental health and suicide prevention.
About the position:
The senior writer/editor will be responsible for print/electronic elements of marketing communications including assembling, editing, and writing descriptive copy for reports, summary reports, newsletters, abstracts, research publications, monographs, multimedia materials, trip reports, media advisories, scripts, training materials, proposals, public relations materials, other technical and non-technical information, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, and blog posts for both internal and external outlets.
- BA/BS in English, journalism, or a related technical field (or the equivalent education and/or experience)
- Proven to have excellent writing and project management skills, an eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to manage a diverse workload
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of direct writing and editing experience
- Proven experience supporting the development of a wide variety of work products (e.g., print, collateral, direct mail, Web, broadcast, and video)
- Strong understanding of production aspects (costs, time frames, and available resources)
- Proven ability to write for both internal and external webpages, blogs, and social media
- Expertise on the topic of mental health and/or suicide prevention
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 3% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conferences
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more!
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.