Communications Traffic Coordinator (Fully Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DCG Communications (DCG) is seeking a Communications Traffic Coordinator to oversee and track the flow of product development on both the editorial and design fronts to assure the products DCG delivers to clients are consistently of the highest quality.
The traffic coordinator will report into and partner with the traffic manager while working collaboratively with our in-house graphic design team, editors, and project managers across account teams to maintain and optimize an online trafficking system, create detailed schedules, set deadlines at each stage of the project, and help ensure work is distributed equally and fairly between designers and editors. If incoming workload exceeds bandwidth of DCG resources, the traffic manager can work with project managers, the creative department, and/or editors to move deadlines, or hire additional help in the form of freelancers and/or temporary contractors on an as-needed basis. He or she will be in a unique position to gauge when staff may have free time to help other contracts or to support internal needs. The traffic coordinator will regularly monitor and modify the design and editorial process, with the help of a trafficking system, to create smooth and efficient production and increase the quality of final products.
Additionally, the coordinator, time permitting, will provide communications support across a variety of client projects.
Location: At DCG, many of our team members including this role are remote. With over 100 employees based in 19 states (and counting!). DCG is committed to hiring talented employees across the United States. The selected candidate will work during DCG’s core Eastern Time business hours.
- A minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in an agency setting.
- Sharp interpersonal and communications skills, verbally and in writing.
- Proven to be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Proactive thinker that brings new ideas to the table.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Possesses a sense of urgency while not moving too quickly without thinking through an appropriate solution.
- Possess a positive attitude in conjunction with excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with project managers, designers, and editors.
- Proactive and display strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in traffic management software or project management tools.
- Ability to learn and understand the particular skills and areas of expertise of company talent to strategically assign projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field of advertising, marketing, or some other business-related field.
- Equivalent experience in the communications field, especially in traffic management or project management, will be considered.
- Experience in design processes or graphic design experience.
- Interest in communications at large.
On any given day, the production of new projects may need to be scheduled. It is the traffic manager’s responsibility to keep everything running smoothly, despite constant changes and demands from project managers and/or clients. On any given day, the traffic manager will:
- Meet with the project managers (PMs), editors, and designers to learn about the status of existing projects, and details about new or upcoming projects.
- Work with PMs or the appropriate point of contact to create detailed schedules and set deadlines and expectations for various stages of a project which may include:
- Substantive or content editing
- Copy and line editing
- Finalizing the draft
- Producing the product
- Delivering the product to client
- Proofing the final 508 compliant product
- Delivering the final product
- Create a schedule for new jobs, and assign those tasks using a trafficking process/workflow.
- Review current and future timelines and job statuses with creative director, and the individual editors working on the jobs.
- Distribute assignments to creative teams and individual editors, depending on their availability and priorities.
- Monitor projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly.
- Reschedule projects based on new or changing priorities. This often happens when clients initiate rush jobs, or when DCG is involved in an important new business bid.
- Work with the executive team on any additional costs if unexpected deadlines, a surge in workflow, or a specific technical need requires the services of a freelance or contract worker.
- Identify when freelancers and/or temporary contractors are needed, and support coordination throughout project duration.
- Set up, monitor, and understand organization of job files for easy retrieval.
- Routinely attend PM meetings to share updates and gather new information.
- Routinely lead status meetings with the design team to understand current status, roadblocks/challenges, and identify solutions, support or availability.
The task and associated hours for this full-time position will breakdown into these basic areas, recognizing the time needed for each will fluctuate:
- Coordinating with creative director – 5 to 8
- Coordinating assignments to individuals editors and/or designers and related tasks – 10 to 15
- Maintaining online schedules and related tasks– 10 to 12
- Regularly meeting with individual PM, design, editorial team members to inform current and upcoming assignments, schedules, etc. – 5 to 10
- Setting up and monitoring project file storage – 3 to 5
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 3% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conferences
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more!
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at DCG Communications