Marketing Communications Director
DCC Propane, LLC Lisle, IL
- Posted: 29 days ago
Meet DCC Propane:
DCC Propane, LLC, a division of DCC plc, has served communities for over 75 years providing propane for residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial uses, and water conditioning services since 1962. We are continuing to grow and are currently represented by a team of over 900 dedicated and passionate professionals who live and work in 22 states operating under a number of strong regional brands. The business has succeeded in maintaining a strong family-feel with an unwavering commitment to world-class safety standards and customer service with competitive compensation and benefits.
Why Work for Us?
We strongly believe in taking care of our employees so that they can take care of our customers. Our people are what set DCC Propane apart and are essential to our future growth, whether it is by welcoming a new brand into the DCC family or a new employee into our team, we are driven to ensure that our team members have everything they need to be successful. atone way we do that, both at work and at home, is by offering a best-in-class benefit plan to our employees. This includes Medical, Vision, and Dentals plans for you and your family, as well as supplemental insurance programs, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and Paid Time Off plus holidays.
The Marketing Communications Director is responsible for directing the development and execution of marketing and communication strategies, goals, and plans in alignment with the strategic objectives of the company and vision of the executive management. Manages the Marketing Communications department to advance both internal and external customer engagement while driving profitable growth. Creates functional strategies and sets objectives and goals to support the overall infrastructure of the organization. The MarCom Director will work closely with our functional teams to identify the business requirements for marketing and communication support that is central to delivering products and solutions to our customers while leveraging data and analytics to make informed decisions which will help to drive optimal performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct marketing projects and production (campaigns, transitions, events, writing, design, proofing)
• Work with leadership to develop strategic objectives and plans, identifies quantifiable performance metrics and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner
• Drive brand recognition throughout the DCC Propane organization
• Gather market intelligence, review and analyze data, then identify and recommend relevant marketing strategies and tactics
• Develop and execute innovative marketing strategies to grow business and client engagement with DCC Propane across multiple channels
• Coordinate corporate event planning, both internal gatherings and external booths for recruiting or advertising
• Work alongside operational leadership to refine customer segmentation and develop and execute appropriate marketing strategies for each
• Manage and oversee all stages of the development lifecycle for new projects
• Work to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Help to prioritize short and long-term objectives
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency
• Suggest new optimization methods to improve customer experience
• Manage press inquiries and identify opportunities for press outreach
• Develop messaging and communications plans to promote our products with external customers, promote engagement with our employee population, and ease the transition for both clients and employees during M&A activity
• Solicit and utilize feedback from across the organization in developing content for both internal and external purposes
• Develop and execute on a social media strategy targeting both internal and external stakeholders
• Lead a high-performing MarCom team with passion, integrity, strong communication and leadership
• Train and mentor new and existing MarCom staff
• Develop and maintain key relationships, these may be with internal and/or external stakeholders
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expert knowledge of marketing processes, including research, planning, promotion and evaluation.
• Strong knowledge of marketing and communication workflows for cross-functional projects, including digital, social media, print and events
• Collaborative, communicative, and organized team player, able to balance long-term strategic projects with daily rapid response requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and project management
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, advertising or another relevant field
• Minimum or 7 to 10 years of experience in marketing, creative/content, etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a Marketing Communications leadership position
Direct Reports: 2
Total Organization Employees: ~ 850
# of States: 22
# of Markets: 10
# of Operating Districts: ~ 39
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, bend, crouch, squat, and twist on occasion.
- Perform light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing.
- Move about in an office environment.
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
- Regularly interrupted to meet the needs and requests of fellow employees and/or customers.
- Regularly required to manage a number of tasks at one time.
- Regularly experience a busy environment that will require excellent organizational and time and stress management skills.
- Regularly exposed to sensory demands due to excessive computer use
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
DCC Propane, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at DCC Propane, LLC