Customer Service Representative - Propane Central
- Posted: over a month ago
Meet DCC Propane:
DCC Propane, LLC, a division of DCC plc, has served communities for over 70 years providing propane for residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial uses, and water conditioning services since 1962. We are continuing to grow and are currently represented by a team of over 900 dedicated and passionate professionals who live and work in 29 states operating under a number of strong regional brands. The business has succeeded in maintaining a strong family-feel with an unwavering commitment to world-class safety standards and customer service with competitive compensation and benefits.
Why Work for Us?
Propane Central is part of the DCC Propane family. We strongly believe in taking care of our employees so that they can take care of our customers. Our people are what set DCC Propane apart and are essential to our future growth, whether it is by welcoming a new brand into the DCC family or a new employee into our team, we are driven to ensure that our team members have everything they need to be successful. atone way we do that, both at work and at home, is by offering a best-in-class benefit plan to our employees. This includes Medical, Vision, and Dentals plans for you and your family, as well as supplemental insurance programs, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and Paid Time Off plus holidays.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide exemplary customer service to customers. Responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information in a confident, friendly, and articulate manner. Duties may also include upselling as well as other inside sales responsibilities as assigned. Will be the primary liaison between customer and service team. To provide service support and coordinate activities in the area of service to ensure safe, timely and efficient response of customers' service needs. Where water solutions are offered, advanced knowledge will be required. There may be some light office administration responsibilities and assisting with special projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service through phone and personal contact.
- Resolve or escalate customer inquiries and/or complaints as needed.
- Process counter transactions
- Document and update customer records based upon the interactions.
- Process payments and maintain customer accounts.
- Assist with light collections or handle billing inquiries as assigned.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail needed.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide resolution to gas and /or water service needs of customers.
- Determine that service requests are within the scope of work performed by Company.
- Maintain and manage parts inventory.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and accurately submitted in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility regarding all aspects of daily tasks and actions.
- Maintain professionalism, integrity, security, image and confidentiality of information and records as required by the position.
- Attend all safety meetings, training and/or in-services.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and build rapport with customers.
- Exercise solid organizational and communication skills.
- Good phone skills and computer literacy (MS Office).
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and employees to establish goals and standards.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and safety.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- High school diploma / GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office environment preferred.
- Customer service or inside sales experience preferred.
Local Travel only.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, bend, crouch, squat, and twist on occasion.
- Perform light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing.
- Move about in an office environment.
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
- Regularly interrupted to meet the needs and requests of fellow employees and/or customers.
- Regularly required to manage a number of tasks at one time.
- Regularly experience a busy environment that will require excellent organizational and time and stress management skills.
- Regularly exposed to sensory demands due to excessive computer use
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
DCC Propane, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at DCC Propane, LLC