Commercial Truck Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
*** Health Benefits
*** Great Earnings Opportunity
***Home on time
DC Logistics is a fast-growing LTL company experiencing exponential growth throughout the United States. Join our skilled drivers! The Class A LTL delivery Driver is a critical position at DC Logistics. The LTL delivery Driver operates various tractor-trailer combinations between company terminals and customer facilities or work sites within the terminal's geographic service area. They sort, handle, load, and unload freight at various companies and customer locations.
The primary responsibilities of the Commercial Truck Driver are:
- Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations and Transportation of hazardous materials for either CLASS A or CLASS B vehicles.
- Meet the medical standards of the US Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test and alcohol test and hold the proper endorsement required.
- Be available for work at all times to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Be able to maintain excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, co-workers, management, and vendor partners.
- Participate in the Department of Transportation random drug program.
Physical requirements for Pickup and Delivery drivers:
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of up to 11 hours.
- Must be able to operate a manual and automatic transmission.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab as many as 45 times a day or more. Cab floor level is generally from 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps and handholds; it also requires frequent bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching, and balancing.
- Must be able to perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight weighing up to 500 pounds on a dolly or cart and occasional pushing of cargo weighing more than 3,000 pounds with or without mechanical aid.
- Must be able to frequently perform carrying freight weighing a minimum of 75 pounds of varying size and shape a distance of at least 1 foot but usually no more than 100 feet.
- Must be able to frequently reach for freight at waist level and continually reach for shipment above shoulder height or below waist level.
- It would be best if you occasionally reached above shoulder level, waist level, and waist level to maneuver and direct the controls to operate the truck.
- Must be able to load and unload full trailers of freight frequently. This could involve moving 100-pound containers to and from floor level to carts, stacks, conveyors, or platforms, over four feet high, balancing 300-pound drums on their rims and rolling them into position or stowing cartons or other merchandise overhead that weigh as much as 100 pounds each.
- Must be able to install and remove tire chains when required due to inclement weather.
- Must be able to spend at least 50% of the day standing and 50% walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal, and sometimes on inclement weather.
- Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, lock and release pintle-hooks, attach and release safety chains.
- Open and close cargo doors, climb into and off vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine oil and coolant levels.
- Must satisfactorily pass any physical testing requirements, which is consistent with the job requirements discussed above.
DC Logistics LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at DC Logistics LLC