DC Structures and DC Builders are a nationwide contracting team specializing in the sale, design and construction of one-of-a-kind wood structures. For over ten years, DC has been thrilling clients with our dedication to superior customer service and expert craftsmanship. Our HQ is nestled in a gorgeous 47-acre farm-like setting in Damascus, Oregon, with views of Mt. Adams, forests and rolling hills. Your interior office environment will be shared with Sales team members, Designers/Drafters, Project Managers - and the occasional dog.
We have frequent team-building activities and contests, and definitely engage in hijinks around the office! It is an incredible place to take your career to the next level alongside hard-working professionals, all while having fun. FYI this company is going through an incredible growth cycle, which means lots of opportunities down the road!
This position will work directly with clients, other designers and project coordinators to create schematic plans and construction documents aligned with company standards. The candidate will work efficiently to move projects through to completion, adhering to stated customer expectations.
- Schematic design of high-end wooden structures, often upwards of 35,000 sq. ft
- Create 3D models of builds
- Construction document creation and modification
- Ability to generate time-sensitive material take-offs
- Promptly process change orders
- Coordinate drawings with clients, engineers and contractors
- Occasional hand sketching
- Proficiency with Revit -- CadWorx and PlanSwift a huge plus
- 4+ years experience designing homes in a professional setting
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related fields
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Timber frame / construction experience
- Proficiency in StruCalc and BlueBeam desired but not required
- Expert communication skills in person, on paper and electronically
- Demonstrated high character
- Formal leadership experience is advantageous
- Partially-sponsored employer health insurance, dental, vision, hearing and & 3% IRA match after 90 days
- 10 days of pro-rated PTO, 2 sick days, 6 paid holidays per year
- Revenue incentive program and comprehensive bonus structure available
Our successful Designers come from diverse backgrounds like commercial real estate, construction, architectural firms and more. We encourage you to visit www.dcbuilding.com or www.dcstructures.com to learn more about our work.
Please attach a resume and portfolio along with examples of related projects