DBI is recruiting for a highly creative, experienced Environmental Graphic Designer to work with our client in downtown San Francisco. The ideal candidate will bring very strong creative skills to the built environment. Being a creative’s creative is a huge benefit in this role.
This candidate will bring the understanding around environmental graphics, digital, environmental, and experiential design. Our client needs a candidate who brings confidence in leading projects.
• Develop the brand’s point-of-view through multi-channel design (i.e.: print, digital, environmental and experiential, etc.)
• Create concepts from briefs with guidance from art directors
• Establish an understanding of each business partner’s market and their customers to inform concept development
• Contribute to the creative team’s objectives towards design, communication and marketing excellence
• Contribute to the achievement of team objectives and the objectives of the function or business area supported
• Present concepts to business partners of varying levels of seniority
• Fulfill the deliverables of assigned projects
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 5-8 years of graphic design experience in environmental graphics, signage, wayfinding, and other graphic design skills
• Strong 2-D and 3-D development and design skills
• Must bring a high level of design passion
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience, back ground design and ideation a must
• The ideal candidate will be a design professional who feels comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
• Strong environmental graphics background
• Infographics and/or brand, and/or experiential design experience
• Ability to translate concepts into compelling layouts using web, content marketing and editorial disciplines and methods
• Ability to draw to scale and must have a familiarity with architecture construction documents
• Effective communication skills are essential as well as the ability to communicate with both creative and non-creatives
• Proficiency in all industry standard software programs including Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other 3-D Modeling software