Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
The Sr.QA Engineer will drive the creation of a formal QA function to be integrated into IT application development and delivery. This will involve establishing QA standards and benchmarks, selection of QA tooling, defining the role of the QA function within IT projects, and leading its implementation. The Sr. QA Engineer will assume overall responsibility for overseeing and guiding QA activities on IT projects and application maintenance and enhancements.
Reports to Global Business Analysis Leader, with a dotted line to Director of Enterprise Applications
- Define QA standards, strategies, and processes, observing industry best practices
- Work with project managers, business analysts, and applications managers to define quality expectations and testing plans for projects
- Select QA toolset; implement tools into existing project processes and tooling
- Act as key point of contact for release testing, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally or externally, as applicable
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures
- Evaluate use of automated testing and make recommendations for QA best practice
- Define, analyze, and present appropriate QA metrics
- Source QA service providers as necessary, and manage ongoing relationship with such providers
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and technology to advise on recommended improvements to QA process
- 6+ year’s experience in software quality assurance, automated testing, system development, and/or vendor software implementation projects with at least 3 year’s experience in the senior role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related area
- Experience with various SDLC methodologies, including Agile
- Strong aptitude for technology assessment, use of software productivity tools, and process reengineering.
- Work history establishing success quality assurance process with both manual and automated workflows
- Proven ability to influence colleagues and management on QA adoption and principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-driven and able to act under own initiative
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously
- Solid analytical, critical thinking skills.
- Occasional and infrequent travel may be required.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Familiarity of SQL knowledge and its appropriate use in the test data identification analysis.
- Experience with SharePoint and Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA and Confluence.