Customer Service Specialist - Banking
Opportunities at the Hollidaysburg, Nanty Glo & Patton, PA Branches
A local and well-established bank is seeking three experienced Customer Service Specialists (CSS). The CSS will be performing both operational and lending functions for the Branch. This position requires at least two years related training/experience. Lending experienced highly is preferred.
Mortgage Loan Originator registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) will be required to obtain soon after hired. (Applicants do not have to have the registration to apply).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Overview:
- Performs operational and lending functions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Orders weekly supply of cash, and counts incoming cash. Manages teller drawer cash to the specified limits.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as travelers checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks.
- Opens new accounts.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Accepts and processes loan payments.
- Allows customer access to safe deposit boxes, following specified procedures.
- Counts and records currency and coin in vault.
Qualification, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least two years related banking experience and/or training
- Detailed and accurate cash handling and data entry experience
- Comfortable initiating customer greeting, addressing customer by name with a smile and direct eye contact
- Proficient with math and computer experience
- Able to uphold customer confidentiality
- Professional in appearance and communication
- High priority for quality Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Strong Integrity, Thoroughness, and Documentation Skills
- Willing to travel to other locations within the area, as needed
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete training courses and Mortgage Loan Originator certification
Overview of Schedule and Compensation:
This is a full-time position.
- Bank hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30pm p.m. Friday open until 7:00pm and Saturday 8:30am -12:00pm. Saturday coverage will be required (typically not every Saturday)
- Hourly position
- PTO time earn after 6 months of service
- 401k, short-term and long-term disability, and life
- Medical & Dental Insurance provided after first of the month after 60 days of service