Construction Laborer / Heavy Equipment Operator-
DBD Staffing Martinsburg, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Laborer / Heavy Equipment Operator -Underground Utilities
Yard Location – Kearneysville, WV
*Candidates must reside within a daily commutable distance of the yard / shop location as this position is typically home daily.
Our Client, a well-established, family-owned utilities construction company, is seeking an experienced, hardworking and energetic Heavy Equipment Operator / Construction Laborer to join their Plumbing Division.
Qualified candidates must be open to a variety responsibility that change daily with projects assigned. Experience running site utilities: Water lines, Sanitary, Storm Water, Retention Systems, Gas Lines, etc.
· 2+ years of years of heavy equipment operating experience on construction sites required - Excavator, backhoe, dozers, rollers, skid steers; Earthwork and grading experience
· Must be willing and able to both operate and labor on all projects; in good physical shape for fast paced, laboring construction environment
· General carpentry, mechanical, plumbing and electrical skills highly preferred
· Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs unassisted; Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb and twist continuously throughout the day
· This department works both inside and outside project; willing to learn new trades
· Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
· Valid driver’s license/ CDL a plus (MVR will be checked for company insurance policy)
· Ability to travel and stay overnight for out-of-town projects
· Pre-employment background and drug testing will be required
· Operate heavy construction equipment safely, productively, and according to company policy
· This is a labor-intensive job. Gathering & loading materials, tools and equipment; Job site setup & teardown; carpentry, roadwork, concrete, plumbing, etc.
· Maintaining and submitting accurate paperwork (time cards, logbooks, receipts, etc.)
· Assisting crew members in the installation of utilities and services
· Operate air tools such as jack hammers, rock drills and clay spades
· Other laboring construction duties and responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Scheduled Overview:
· Hourly rate based on experience
· Typically, daytime shifts 6:30am – 5:00pm, but some evening, weekends and holidays may be required
· Overtime hours will be required
· Most projects are local and home daily
· Must have the ability to work on out of town at times; lodging is paid if out of town
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage is available after 90 days of service
· 401K with Company Match offered upon eligibility
· Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay offered
· Company paid Basic Life Insurance
DBD Staffing is a Direct Hire Recruiting Firm for multiple industries in the North Eastern United States. DBD advertises, searches and pre-screens candidates for hiring teams. We are an additional recruiting resource to HR Managers and Business Owners. We provide job seekers a direct connection to our Clients by streamlining their hiring process.