- Expired: July 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (Anaheim, California Office) is looking for multiple candidates in fast growing Underwriting team.
Currently, we are seeking to fill multiple experience level position. From recent college graduate to seasoned underwriting and product analyst professional.
If you are seeking Challenge, Opportunity, Teamwork, Integrity, Dedication and Royalty. DB Insurance is the right company for you.
About DB Insurance
Established in March 1962 as the first auto insurance company in Korea, DB Insurance has grown into a leading provider of differentiated non-life insurance products and services. Currently, Home office’s total assets are about 34.7 billion US dollars and direct annual written premiums are around 12.4 billion US dollars.
Expansion to overseas market has been achieved to pursue new growth engines and portfolio diversification. DB Insurance is committed to boosting revenues from existing overseas branch offices in the US as well as accelerating the entry into the Chinese market and strengthening its foothold overseas by entering newly emerging markets. DB Insurance (US Operation) operates 4 Branches. DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (U.S. Branch) currently writes all lines of property and casualty insurance in New York, California and Hawaii.
A.M. Best Rating: A (Excellent)
“The ratings reflect the superior underwriting performance, stable market profile, sound investment performance and adequate capitalization level.”
S&P Rating: A-
“The financial strength ratings reflect its solid market position, strong capitalization, and good operating performance.”
Position: P&C Underwriter
Department: California Underwriting Department
Career Level: Entry Level or Experienced
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Anaheim, CA
- Under direct supervision, underwrites individual insurance applications to cover property and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, and safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Contact with field to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Maintaining all correspondence activity with internal and external customers including daily diaries on pending transactions.
- Works with all underwriting teams to gain knowledge of service and operational process and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3 or more years related professional insurance experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage complex workload while exhibiting very sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with agents and other departments and must also exemplify superior teamwork.
- Bi-lingual in English and Korean is preferred. (Not required.)
We offer competitive salary plus benefit package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance with 401K.
- UHC Global Medical & Dental Insurance
- Standard Vision Insurance
- John Hancock 401(K)
- MetLife Group Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (U.S Operation) is an equal opportunity Employer.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at DB Insurance