Commercial Auto Insurance Underwriter
- Posted: over a month ago
DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (Anaheim, California Office) is looking for candidates in fast growing Commercial Auto Underwriting team.
Currently, we are seeking to fill multiple experience level position. From recent college graduate to seasoned underwriting professional.
If you are seeking Challenge, Opportunity, Teamwork, Integrity, Dedication and Royalty. DB Insurance is the right company for you.
About DB Insurance
Established in March 1962 as the first auto insurance company in Korea, DB Insurance has grown into a leading provider of differentiated non-life insurance products and services. Currently, Home office’s total assets are about 34.7 billion US dollars and direct annual written premiums are around 12.4 billion US dollars.
Expansion to overseas market has been achieved to pursue new growth engines and portfolio diversification. DB Insurance is committed to boosting revenues from existing overseas branch offices in the US as well as accelerating the entry into the Chinese market and strengthening its foothold overseas by entering newly emerging markets. DB Insurance (US Operation) operates 4 Branches. DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (U.S. Branch) currently writes all lines of property and casualty insurance in New York, California and Hawaii.
A.M. Best Rating: A (Stable)
“The ratings reflect the superior underwriting performance, stable market profile, sound investment performance and adequate capitalization level.”
S&P Rating: A (Stable)
“The financial strength ratings reflect its solid market position, strong capitalization, and good operating performance.”
Position: Commercial Auto Underwriter
Department: US Business Planning Dept.
Career Level: Entry Level or Experienced
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Anaheim, CA
- Analyze submissions from agents or existing book of business and cooperate with management for strategic solutions.
- Under direct supervision, underwrites individual insurance applications with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, and safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Determine coverage availability, coverage limit, the premium to be paid and other terms required in accepting the risk within their authority and guidelines.
- Maintaining all correspondence activity with internal and external customers including daily diaries on pending transactions.
- Works with all underwriting teams to gain knowledge of service and operational processes and procedures.
- Review loss runs
- Review driver MVR and verify eligibility. Make decisions whether to include or exclude from policy or probation terms
- Analyze and review CAB Reports. Verify any discrepancies and get more information for concerns
- Respond to UW that submissions are received and we will get back to them. Log in submissions in spreadsheet
- Review submission to see if risk is acceptable to proceed
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3 or more years related professional insurance experience
1) 3 or more years related professional insurance experience is preferred but not required.
2) Bachelor’s degree – Math, Economics, or Statistics major is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capability to build and maintain positive relationships through teamwork.
- Basic excel skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and underwriting are required.
- Other works that are necessary for business
We offer competitive salary plus benefit package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance with 401K.
- UHC Global Medical
- Humana Dental Insurance
- Standard Vision Insurance
- John Hancock 401(K)
- MetLife Group Term Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Limited business travel may be required
DB Insurance Co., Ltd. (U.S Operation) is an equal opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at DB Insurance