DB Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a cloud-focused cybersecurity engineer for the PACE IV Contract at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, Ohio. This work is with the Cybersecurity Standards and Engineering Team (CSET), based at the NASA Glenn Research Center, which supports NASA by developing Agency-wide security standards and agency cybersecurity architectures. The successful candidate will be adept at interfacing with IT engineers, project managers, and NASA cybersecurity leadership to ensure that NASA’s cloud posture meets confidentiality, integrity, and availability objectives for data and information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Building automated security operations in the cloud environment
- PaaS/SaaS/IaaS security architecture and compliance evaluation and design
- Assist with planning and executing application & cloud security solutions across the lifecycle – design, implementation, and operations
- Perform as an advisor when reviewing cloud application design and security posture
- Develop security automation and APIs in the public cloud across the key areas of security – IAM, CI/CD security, security logging, incident response, data protection, compliance validation, security analytics, vulnerability management, platform and application threat modeling, etc.
- Document and advocate for cloud’s facilitation of the shift from perimeter security to a model that does not assume all resources are behind firewalls
- Provide a process driven approach which ensures accuracy and consistency
- Create, maintain, and update technical and architectural documentation
- Develop and maintain documentation on standards, specifications, and handbooks
- Expert level knowledge of networking, information systems, security controls, and information security concepts
- Experience with container and microservices technologies
- Proven experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes
- Thorough understanding of native cloud-based Identity, Credential, Access Management (ICAM) services
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting, log analysis, event correlation, and data analysis with a strong understanding of TCP/?IP and networking
- Experience or familiarity with Firewall/NGFW deployed in a variety of form factors
- Experience or familiarity with Private and Public IaaS Architecture
- Experience or familiarity with Load Balancing, Web Application FW, authentication, access management and single sign-on solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to partner and collaborate with engineers, architects, business users, and leaders on architecture and security models
- Understanding of DISA STIGs and CIS Benchmarks
- Experience or knowledge of specific SaaS services including, but not limited, to Microsoft365
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL services framework and structured project management approaches
Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Networking, Computer Science, or Information Security. Candidates with bachelor’s degrees in other fields will be considered depending on relative work experience and years in the field.
- Minimum of seven years post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Preferred security certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCNA Security, CCNP, GNFA, GSE
- Demonstrable experience and capabilities designing and configuring in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience with Cloud Security and networking (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud) is essential
- Specific platform certifications a plus, such as: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google Professional Cloud security Engineer, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect.
- Experience with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, FedRAMP
- Experience preparing reports and communicating with upper management through strong technical writing and use of visualization/diagraming tools
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities