General Manager For CHOICE BRANDED MOTEL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $57,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k,
We are seeking a General Manager for a CHOICE branded motel to become part of our team. You are responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met. Manages all areas of the hotel in accordance with Choice brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
- Provides an exemplary model of conduct for others.
- Is open and approachable, and can be trusted.
- Is well groomed and presents a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Offers courteous, sincere genuine hospitality at all times.
- Can communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills.
- Is able to handle a high volume of work.
- Is available to the property any time of the day or night.
- Is able to adapt readily to changing conditions or circumstances.
- Can manage effectively in both good and bad times.
- Is enthusiastic about his/her work.
- Continues to grow and develop both personally and professionally.
- Able to delegate responsibility to others and follow through.
- Do not engage in nor condone gossip, discrimination, or bias in dealing with others.
- Enjoys his/her fellow employees and mentors them to succeed and advance.
- Displays good judgment and common sense.
- Accepts constructive criticism without becoming defensive.
- Keeps hotel business confidential both on and off duty except on an "as-needed" basis with other employees.
- Be readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Follow up with any guest concerns in a timely manner.
- Become involved in the community and/or government affairs.
Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and associate-related concerns.
- Communicate career opportunities to team leaders and associates.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Assist team leaders in meeting and exceeding goals.
- Meet quarterly with department heads on a one-to-one basis.
- Conduct reward and recognition meetings celebrating goal and associate achievements.
- Promote empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
- Assist assistant general manager/team leaders in understanding results, developing game plans to attack need areas, and expand on strengths.
- Ensure orientations and training for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all accounting procedures.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Assist in developing the annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Aggressively minimize accidents, workmen’s compensation, and unemployment claims, and resulting costs.
- Utilize budgets to teach assistant general managers and team supervisors to understand financial objectives. Balancing costs with associates/guests' satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies utilizing forecasting tools and review these weekly with the Director of Sales.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll, and ordering procedures.
Sales And Marketing
- Communicate competitive market conditions to team supervisors and Upper Management.
- Review inventory controls and selling strategies daily.
- Review 3rd party sites on a regular basis and implement specials as needed according to occupancy, ADR, and RevPAR goals.
- Continually solicit new business for the hotel.
- Monitor group block and direct bill processes.
- Networking during breakfast and social hours to assist sales in uncovering new business leads.
- Ensure that all employees understand hotel selling strategies.
- Stay current on local market conditions.
- Assist Upper Management and team with preparing the annual revenue budget and annual marketing plan.
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, and the local community.
- Review month/period end reports.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Responsible for accident prevention programs.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work, and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general cleaning program so that guest satisfaction goals are attained.
- Assist/teach team supervisors proper scheduling techniques based on need. Look for potential need times during the week.
- Ensure cross-training of associates.
- Ensure properly hiring practices comply with I-9, ADA, and EEO requirements and strive for a culturally diverse workplace.
- Interview and select potential new hires utilizing job descriptions and other tools available
- Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing associates' concerns.
- Have working knowledge of all subject Hotel's manuals.
- Pursue additional personal development and development of staff when feasible.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- With input from the team supervisors, conduct performance reviews in a timely fashion.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $57,000.00 per year
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Casa Grande, AZ 85122 (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred) or High School
- Hotel Experience: 2 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Setting and meeting goals for service, operations, and financial results
- Maintaining excellent customer service standards
- Maintaining property and equipment
- Inspecting and adhering to safety and sanitation guidelines
- Performing front-line customer service
DAWN LLCWhy Work Here?
Great place to work
Motel is part of the choice hotels internationals and it is extended stay motel. This is called Mainstay Suites. It's located in the city of Casa Grande, between major city of Phoenix and Tucson.
851 North Henness RdCasa Grande, AZ
TourismView all jobs at DAWN LLC