Heavy Truck Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
The Truck driver drives a truck to transport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between various types of establishments such as: manufacturing plants, freight depots, warehouses, wholesale and retail establishments, or between retail establishments and customers' houses or places of business. This driver may also load or unload truck with or without helpers, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order. Sales route and over-the-road drivers are excluded. An over-the-road driver regularly drives a truck over such a distance that the worker does not return to the departure point in the same workday, or is a worker who is paid on a mileage or mileage plus load factor basis, and may be compensated for or provided meals or lodging or both. For wage study purposes, Truck Drivers are classified by type and the rated capacity of truck. Rated capacity is the gross vehicle weight minus the empty weight of the vehicle: Straight truck, over 4 tons, usually 10 wheels.
- Operates Heavy Trucks usually over 4 tons and 10 wheels.
- Performs driver’s maintenance, operational and safety check on vehicles.
- Possesses intricate knowledge of the proper methods of loading, securing loads and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Capable of performing a variety of minor repairs and services to maintain trucks and other vehicles, this may include placings and maintaining decals on vehicles, checks and replaces batteries, replaces tires, washes, polishes, and cleans interiors and exteriors of vehicles, check and maintains fluid levels.
- May be assigned to operate smaller vehicles and buses.
Additional duties: This job includes all of the above assigned duties and will also include the following:
· When hauling a flatbed, step deck, or lowboy trailer load securement will have to be performed to include using ratchet straps, chains and binders, and securement dunnage. When hauling trailers with sideboards, driver will have to manually remove sideboards by hand to offload items from the trailer.
· Loading rail car, will require setting out planks to drive from car to car and handling railcar binders to secure equipment to rail cars. Driver will have to climb in and out of vehicles while on the rail.
· Hooking various types of military style trailers requiring long periods of standing and bending to get items ready to haul or stage.
· Driver will be required to get the passenger endorsement added to their class A CDL. Hazmat endorsement may also be required.
· Drivers will be required to learn to operate various type of MHE to include forklifts ranging from 4k to 30k, backhoes, bulldozers, skid steers, etc….
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Two years directly related work experience
· Certificate from a vocational school or other recognized source with a major study in the operation of Heavy trucks / Line Haul Vehicles.
· Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
· Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position
· US Citizen
· Must be able to obtain and maintain local base access
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable Common Access Card (CAC) issuance.
· Must be able to meet government-specified requirements for deployment
Be advised that you are only required to apply for ONE position. Pick your best employment opportunity and only apply once. If you apply for more than one position, all applications will be deleted and you will not be considered for any open positions.
Ensure you have all the qualities and experience listed in the job description before applying or your resume will be discarded.
If directions are not followed as per above, your resume will be deleted form the system and you will be forced to re-apply following all terms outlined.
DAV-Force Inc.Why Work Here?
Great opportunity for growth
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING. Be advised that you are only required to apply for ONE position. Pick your best employment opportunity and only apply once. If you apply for more than one position, all applications will be deleted and you will not be considered for any open positions. Ensure you have all the qualities and experience listed in the job description before applying or your resume will be discarded. If directions are not followed as per above, your resume will be deleted form the system and you will be forced to re-apply following all terms outlined.
AddressGoose Creek, SC
Transportation and Storage