DATTCO currently has full-time and part-time Motor Coach Driver openings in our Coach & Tour Group located in Bridgeport, CT. DATTCO is a 3rd generation, family-owned transportation company with over 1,800 employees located throughout New England.
DATTCO was founded in 1924 and entered the motor coach charter business in 1964 with the New York World’s Fair. DATTCO is New England’s largest passenger transportation company. Our Coach & Tour Group operates 190 vehicles and drives 5.7 million miles annually.
We are proud to offer the newest and most advanced fleet of motor coaches in the industry!
- Transports customers on day and away trips throughout North America.
- Safely negotiate various routes through varied terrain and geographic areas.
- Interact with clients, customers, sub-contracted drivers, and fellow company drivers onsite in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Provide feedback to Operations to help improve service response.
- Perform duties and functions to help streamline the daily business operations of the Company.
- Assist passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle and load and un load luggage from a rack, storage bays, or overhead compartments.
- Communicate with Operations using tools in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) for the purpose of gathering and/or conveying information.
- Inspect vehicle for items left behind and coordinate immediate return to the customer when possible or submit to Operations.
- Inspect vehicle before and after shift to ensure operational safety. Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records to include trip sheets, customer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident and accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records requested by management.
- Provide safety briefing to passengers as required.
- Respond immediately to accident and/or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response providers.
- Exemplify excellent customer service through respectful, courteous, cooperative, and polite treatment of others.
- Read and interpret schedules, road signs, and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for customers
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as needed. Fuel assigned vehicle(s) as required.
- CDL (Class A or B) with P endorsement and one of the following: F, S, A, or V.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- 24/7/365 dispatch.
- International Motor coach Group (IMG) partnerships provides local support from motor coach companies located across North America.
- Advanced technology: GPS, eLogging, smart tires & more!
- Three Connecticut garages open 24/7.
- Cleaners to keep your vehicle looking good.
- A welcoming, diverse and family-oriented culture where employees are valued and recognized.
- A full suite of benefits including medical & dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k with company match, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, and more.
- Competitive compensation.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Company provided uniforms.
Apply today at www.DATTCO.com/jobs!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.