Director of Procurement
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of Procurement – Raw Materials, reporting to the Senior Director of Procurement, provides overall leadership within DAP for raw material spend categories. This role is responsible for driving financial results through procurement strategy, execution & continuous improvement efforts.
· Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, R&D & Operations to define internal requirements in alignment with DAP’s long term business plans.
· With support from RPM Center Led Procurement, evaluate external markets & suppliers to develop multi-year supply strategies that continuously improve quality, service, availability, and total cost of ownership for key raw material categories.
· Utilize Procurement best practices, such as RFI, RFP, should-cost modeling, negotiation, specification optimization, contracting & supplier relationship management, to drive execution of derived Procurement strategies.
· Develop strong external relationships to ensure close alignment between DAP & strategic suppliers. Implement process changes to improve raw material forecasting.
· Establish standard raw material procurement processes across manufacturing sites, working closely with site buyers & operational leaders.
· Provide input into DAP’s SIOP process, to ensure alignment on raw material availability & timing to manufacturing sites.
· Work with R&D & Operations to qualify new materials & sources to support new product development, reduce supply risk or improve overall cost.
People, Process & Capabilities
· Provide mentorship and coaching to direct reports and other Procurement team members.
· Establish a culture of cross functional teams & collaboration.
· Develop & implement standardized processes, systems and reporting frameworks to track and drive Procurement performance.
· Foster partnership with suppliers to create win-win opportunities and leverage capabilities to drive quality, service, cost, innovation, and sustainability goals.
· Ensure compliance to company policies & applicable regulations.
Key Performance Metrics
· Year over year cost savings
· Working capital improvement (terms & inventory)
· Spend under contract
· Forecast accuracy
· Supply continuity & risk management
Leadership & Behavior Skills
· Ability to lead and influence people, directly, cross-functionally & in a matrixed environment.
· Exhibit a balance of strategic thinking and execution excellence.
· Utilize financial analysis to deliver data driven decision making.
· Demonstrate business acumen and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict & drive change management.
Experience & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related degree, an MBA is preferred
· Ten plus years of procurement, strategic sourcing, or category management experience in a manufacturing environment. Chemical raw material and/or CPG experience is a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict, drive change management and project governance.
· Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· SAP experience strongly preferred
DAP is a market leading manufacturer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, foam, adhesives, and patch and repair products. You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers. At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, competitive health insurance rates, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and more! For more information, visit www.dap.com. On the job since 1865.
BusinessView all jobs at DAP Global