Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for aPLC Controls Technician - COI in City of Industry, CA.General Summary
This position will be part of the Maintenance team at Danone North America COI facility and also a member of management process improvement team, will be responsible for the line efficiency regarding instrumentation and PLC, production and other focus improvement needs. Be able to show strong leadership skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and provide clear direction in a food manufacturing environment. Also, follows all safety procedures as stated in GMP, safety standards, plant rules, and code of ethics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes, identifies, recommends, and implements solutions for reducing production downtime, and non-value added activities.
- Identifies and implements productivity enhancement opportunities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on controls hardware and software.
- Works with PIT (Process Improvement Teams) to resolve controls issues. Also, works with Lead mechanics by utilizing FI (Focused Improvements) tools.
- Leads and facilitates SRC (Simple Root Causes)
- Leads participation to review and improve plant wide cost savings and TLE (True Line Efficiencies).
- Coaches and guides maintenance team within assigned area of responsibilities.
- Follows all safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the duties of this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 5-10 years of experience in a food processing plant.
- Experience in PLC programming, and ladder logic trouble shooting and ethernet.
- Experience with strong knowledge of operation in Direct and Indirect pasteurization, i.e. VTIS Tetra
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, and interpret data from charts, graphs, and instruments, and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to identify any digressions.
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple problems with controls/ instrumentation that arise i.e. pressure transmitters, RTD’s I to P devices.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to strategically think in terms of process improvement.
- Ability to be on call and or go on line to troubleshoot issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Allen-Bradley (control logix, SLC500, PLC5) and/ or Siemens PLC family.
- Proficient with HMI, AC/DC VFD drives, and motion control programming.
- AutoCAD and Wonderware experience is preferred.
- Knows all the safety rules, plant rules, GMP, and code of ethics and follows them strictly at all time with a food processing plant.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Allen-Bradley certifications or others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visitDanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.