Technical Support Specialist
DAKOTAPRO Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the DakotaPro team! Tucson's premier managed services provider is seeking an enthusiastic Technical Support Specialist to join our team and lead the way in developing new solutions using cutting edge technology. Nobody likes being treated like a number and our "Human Touch In Technology" approach means that every call is answered by a warm and friendly person, every customer service request is handled promptly and professionally, and our teams have what they need to ensure they can expediently deliver solutions to our customers.
Who YOU are:
You are intrigued by technology and its potential. You are the "go to" person in your family and friends circle when others can't figure something out. You always seem to know where to start digging. You see technology as something to be "tamed" instead of being frustrated by the constant changes. You also enjoy helping others, understanding that many people have little tolerance for technology - they just want things to work. You're looking for an opportunity to apply your existing knowledge while being challenged to grow a lot. You are looking to be part of a team of like-minded professionals.
Who WE Are:
As a technology leader, DakotaPro provides a host of services, including Internet connectivity and managed services. We are the liaison, translator and diplomat that enables our customers to spend less time worrying about their own technology and more time focusing on what they love. We demystify technology for our customers so it "just works". DakotaPro attracts only the most motivated and inventive people to help us deliver on that promise. You will find the DakotaPro team to be full of very knowledgeable people to both rely on and learn new things with.
What you will do:
Professionally answer incoming technical support calls, and troubleshooting technical situations using a vast array of tools. Utilize investigative and deductive skills to gather information about issues, analyze and then execute on that information.
Your primary duties will be:
- Promptly respond to customer requests for support
- Perform level-1 troubleshooting to identify root cause of the issue
- Maintain technical knowledge base
- Constantly learn new things
- Document correspondence
- Assist on special projects
- Train others
- Experience in a technical support/help desk environment supporting internet connectivity, networking, VoIP, and WiFi.
- Proven professional communication skills (both spoken and written) and ability to communicate in difficult circumstances.
- Typing aptitude required. Working knowledge of MSOffice product suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) Higher education preferred. A professional appearance and positive attitude
- (Desirable) CompTIA Net+ Certification or equivalent
- (Desirable) Working knowledge with the following platforms: Ubiquiti, Cisco, MikroTik, Fortinet
- (Desirable) Working knowledge of RF theory and best practice.
For the right candidate, DakotaPro offers a fun place to work, full benefits, including health, dental, paid vacation and holidays, paid sick days, 401K, Employee Training, complimentary Internet services, and more. Most importantly, we operate as a team while we provide the "Human touch in Technology" to our customers. We have an excellent reputation in the community from our integrity business practices (we were recognized by the Better Business Bureau's Business Ethics Award) and our support of over 50 non-profit organizations in Southern Arizona.
TechnologyView all jobs at DAKOTAPRO