- Posted: 21 days ago
Join the DakotaPro team! Tucson's premier managed services provider is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Systems Administrator to join our team and lead the way in developing new solutions using cutting edge technology. Nobody likes being treated like a number and our "Human Touch In Technology" approach means that every call is answered by a warm and friendly person, every customer service request is handled promptly and professionally, and our teams have what they need to ensure they can expediently deliver solutions to our customers.
Who YOU are:
Your problem-solving ability is honed to the point that your peers describe you as “clairvoyant." You are driven to fill gaps in your knowledge quickly and pass that knowledge on to others. You don’t like the status quo, you do like “deep dives” and being challenged. Your passion is with IP networking and all that entails. You are looking for a challenging and cutting-edge environment so you can really advance and apply your network skills. You want to be part of a team as driven and deductive as you are.
Who WE Are:
As a technology leader, DakotaPro provides a host of services, including Internet connectivity and managed services. We are the liaison, translator and diplomat that enables our customers to spend less time worrying about their own technology and more time focusing on what they love. We demystify technology for our customers so it "just works". DakotaPro attracts only the most motivated and inventive people to help us deliver on that promise. You will find the Network Engineering team to be full of skilled people to both rely on and learn new things with.
What you will do:
Build upon and improve DakotaPro's systems technology platforms. You will help us hone our competitive edge in delivering technology that "just works".
Your primary duties will be:
* Design, build, commission, and maintain sophisticated and reliable IP inter-networking solutions in an existing production multi-vendor ISP environment
* Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve telecommunications issues, with a focus on OSI layers 1-4
* Participate in evaluation, interop, and refinement of networks, tools, and hardware
* Prepare and maintain complete documentation of new and existing solutions
* Develop effective training materials on new and existing deployments
* Respond to requests for assistance from lower-echelon support assets in timely and supportive manner
* Train and nurture lower-echelon support assets as potential future administrators
* Assist the operations team in general data center and network operations and support
* Plan and assist with scheduled maintenance activities
* Must be able to function in an active and diverse team environment (basement ninjas will do poorly here)
* Possesses technical fluency in IPv4 sub-netting, particularly CIDR
* Possesses technical fluency in OSPF, BGP, MPLS, and Spanning Tree protocols
* Possess technical fluency in networking and systems best practices and principles.
* Certification equivalence to CCNA or higher is strongly desired
* At least 3 years experience supporting production multi-vendor network environments
* Can demonstrate competency working with the following vendor platforms:
* This position sometimes requires physical exertion in remote locations with limited support infrastructure in a challenging desert environment:
* Must be able to lift up to 30lbs to shoulder height on a regular basis
* Must be able to climb a ladder and perform cabling functions (Identify, terminate, label) at arm's length
* Must have (or be able to acquire) a valid Arizona Driver's License and good driving record.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check
* Superb English communication skills, both oral and written
* A professional appearance and positive attitude
For the right candidate, DakotaPro offers a fun place to work, full benefits, including health, dental, paid vacation and holidays, paid sick days, 401K, Employee Training, complimentary Internet services, and more. Most importantly, we operate as a team while we provide the "Human touch in Technology" to our customers. We have an excellent reputation in the community from our integrity business practices (we were recognized by the Better Business Bureau's Business Ethics Award) and our support of over 50 non-profit organizations in Southern Arizona.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?