Material Handler - MD - On Base
DAK Resources Prince George's County, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$18 an hour
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance through United Healthcare
- DAK Resources pays half of the employee premium for medical insurance.
- Benefits begin first of the month following the date of hire.
- $20,000 life insurance policy at no cost to the employee
- Paid time off
- 401(k) options
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payday through direct deposit
- High school graduate or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain Military Base Access
- Ability to obtain a favorable Government Public Trust Investigation
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card
- Ability to develop storage space requirements considering such factors as material, weight, cube, and clearance, within the various categories of supply
- Ability to apply detailed technical data from the provided technical data systems in the care and storage program
- Completed Enlisted Warehouseman Basic Course or equivalent
- Must be capable of operating MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and bulk and small parts conveyor systems used in warehousing operations.
- All candidates are required to pass a full background and a 10-panel drug screen
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
The Material Handler provided under this PWS are involved in nonsupervisory efforts that include physical receiving, storing, and assembling for issue, shipment, and distribution, a wide variety of bin and bulk supplies, materials, equipment, and commodities using mechanized, automated, and manual material moving equipment, devices, and systems.
The work requires general knowledge of the methods used in processing, handling, and storing of materials and equipment through a supply facility; the ability to log receipts, storage, and shipment data, and the ability to use manual or mechanized equipment to move, stack, bin, and position materials and equipment.
The work also requires the ability to organize, arrange, and remove stock in storage areas in accordance with established procedures.
Most work requires the incidental or regular use of hand lifts. The work also involves the use of mail processing systems to process incoming and outgoing mail/parcels of a variety of sizes, weights, and classes for shipment via the United States Postal Service, Federal Express, United Parcel Service, and other mail carriers. This includes maintaining an accurate accounting and reporting system for manifesting and metering systems.
Powered by JazzHR
DAK ResourcesWhy Work Here?
DAK Resources is a Service Disabled Veteran - Owned Business.
DAK Resources is a Service Disabled Veteran - Owned Business. DAK Resources has performed as both a prime and subcontractor winning multi-year contracts for services to government, municipalities and the private sector. DAK Resources specializes in administration staffing, medical staffing, information technology, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and logistics operation for business, training, maintenance management, security, and supply chain management. www.dakresources.com
AddressPrince George's County, MD
Transportation and Storage