- Posted: over a month ago
Primary Position Objectives
Provides administrative support to the Center Director.
Administrative Assistant - $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
Brief Description of Duties
- Composes routine and general type correspondence requiring knowledge of subject matter.
- Answers and screens incoming calls to Center Director’s office and screens visitors.
- Arranges meetings and appointments and keeps Center Director advised of scheduled appointments and commitments.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing correspondence, distributes same, making notes as to action taken and follow up on commitments and assignments.
- Contact Directors to relay information from the Administrative Office.
- Edits correspondence from various departments written for Center Director’s signature.
- Develops, modifies, and maintains comprehensive filing system. Responsible for file security and purging files periodically based on what the Center Director considers no longer of value to the office.
- Maintains reports control log; reminds management staff of pending due dates.
- Maintains significant incident report log; reminds responsible staff of pending due dates.
- Prepares special reports by pulling data from the Job Corps Suite of Applications.
- Obtains departmental information to prepare PPT presentations for meetings, assessments, or other events.
- Attends meetings, prepares and distributes minutes of these meetings.
- Keeps record of all reports sent from Center and ensures they are mailed on proper date and develops tickler system to ensure timely submission of responses requested from Serrato Corporation and DOL.
- Continual support and adherence to the CDSS/CSS/BMS Plan which ensures that the ePCDP is used in a timely, continual, and effective manner to help support students.
- Ensures the safety, health, and security of students, staff, and property.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and oral for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Written communication must be clear, concise, easy to read and comprehend.
Organization of Work
- Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Continually seek ways to improve the service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Initiates and responds to suggestions for improving service.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point and Excel.
Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
One-year secretarial experience required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates in Business Degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLittle Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at DAK Resources