DABS Inc works to support developmentally disabled adults who are facing placement challenges through Regional Center Social Services. We develop placement opportunities and help clients achieve a dignified experience of living and thriving within a network of community support and outreach.
We accomplish this through teaching life skills that enable our clients to reach their goals, create lasting and meaningful relationships, and to have access to equal opportunities for learning and community outreach. We also provide guidance and instruction to our clients so that they can make their own informed decisions based on their own needs and wishes without threatening nor restricting independence.
JOB TITLE: Skills Instructor - (Floater) - Community Integration
LOCATIONS: Novato, San Rafael, San Anselmo, Mill Valley
PAY: $15.00 an hour
BENEFITS: Medical, paid time off, and other cash incentives
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm
You are reliable, good natured, and have a calling to help others. We train and develop our employees, providing internal opportunities for growth and advancement within. Training is paid and all schedules are available. This is a very fulfilling position where you would not only be making a positive difference in the lives of others, but you would also be valued as part of a highly collaborative and devoted team.
YOUR JOB DUTIES MAY INCLUDE...
- Providing instruction and guidance to encourage making informed decisions
- Running activities to strengthen and develop a routine for the individuals activities of daily living
- Providing instruction and guidance to encourage healthy living
- Providing learning opportunities through community access
- Passion for supporting choice and advocacy for persons with disabilities
- Flexibility and willingness to problem solve and collaborate as part of a team
- A high level of accountability and reliability
- Comfort in providing personal instruction to individuals with learning disabilities
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- TB test
- Background check
- Drivers License
- Reliable transportation
- FOR CONSIDERATION, APPLY HERE ON THIS WEBSITE!
- Upload your resume. In the COVER LETTER section, include a brief statement of why you would like to join our team.
Thank you for your interest in joining the DABS Inc family. We look forward to meeting you!
DABS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DABS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location the company facilitates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recall transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
DABS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.