***SIGN ON BONUS***
About D A Health Care Services
D A Health Care Services provides the highest quality home health care to home-bound patients within a home setting and focuses on the patient's optimal level of independence.
Our home program meets the individual home care needs for each patient. We are committed to serving the community and providing a variety of quality health care services to patients. Our mission is to teach, guide and assist homebound patients in the privacy and comfort of their home for the enhancement of their lives.
Job Description Summary
The physical therapist is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
A. Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
B. Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehab.
C. Directing physical therapy treatment.
D. Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
E. Determining priority needs for physical therapy
F. Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
2. Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
3. May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
4. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers
5. Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
6. Participates in discharge planning for patient.
7. Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
8. Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
9. Provides inservice education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
10. Participates in peer consultation process.
11. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.