Design Technology Specialist - Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
D3 Technologies is an Autodesk Platinum Partner that consults with our clients to design better products and get to market faster by leveraging best-in-class engineering, design, process automation, and data management technologies.
MG AEC Technology Partners, a subsidiary of D3 Technologies and the leader in design technology consulting to the AEC industry, has an immediate opening for a VDC/Construction Technology Specialist.
As a VDC/Construction Technology Specialist, you must have a passion for working with the latest digital technologies in the AEC industry and a desire to help design and construction firms work more efficiently and effectively. This position will leverage your knowledge and real-world experience by implementing and delivering AEC solutions and workflows, consulting, demonstrating, training, and supporting the latest BIM and VDC technologies.
Our ideal candidate must be an VDC, BIM, or Construction professional who is ready to put his/her expertise to work by leveraging cutting software (such as the BIM 360 Platform, Autodesk Construction cloud, Revit, Dynamo, Forge, Navisworks Manage, PlanGrid, Bluebeam, etc.).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assessment of customer's skills, processes, and workflows
- Development and execution of corporate BIM templates, workflows, and standards
- Design and delivery of training content in classrooms, on-site or via webcasts
- Working with sales team to evaluate customer needs
- Project mentoring for adoption and implementation of new processes and technology
- Providing technical support
- Industry Experience: 3+ years of recent experience working as a Project Engineer, Project Coordinator or Project Manager in the construction industry, or as a BIM Technician, BIM Manager or VDC Manager type position working for a general, trade or specialty contractor.
- Software Experience: 3D Modeling and 2D detailing experience utilizing Autodesk Revit software solutions; familiarity with project coordination and management solutions; other industry-leading applications including BIM 360/Autodesk Construction Cloud and Design, Navisworks Manage, Bluebeam Revu.
- Education: Degreed program related to construction, project management or equivalent experience
Special consideration will be given to a candidate with the following:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Recap 9or other point cloud software/equipment), Dynamo (or other visual programming interfaces)
- Experience in scheduling or estimating software such as P6, Accubid, HCSS or similar
- Experience with other project management and model coordination software
- Experience with Esri or other GIS products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client facing skills -- including a dynamic personality and an ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- You must be willing to grow, be coachable, and open to being challenged in a constructive spirit of growth & success
- Upon request ability to provide related work portfolio of recent project experience
LOCATION & TERRITORY:
- Territory will cover clients across the US
- We are seeking qualified candidates to be managed from our Denver, Colorado offices to partner with key Construction clients, primarily in your respective geography. Any overnight travel will average no more than 15%.
- Report to a D3 office located within 50 miles of your home address
- D3 will provide the required computer systems and software
- Accommodation and requirements for Remote-Worker-Exception
- Manager approval
- Home address exceeds 50 miles from the closest D3 office
- Dedicated Home Office
- Quiet location, free from distractions
- Reliable High-Speed Internet with minimum performance of Download 10 Mbps & Upload 5 Mbps
- Observe standard hours of operation
- This is a non-reimbursable expense, consult your tax preparer for potential deductions.
- 2 weeks PTO annually plus flexible paid time off
- D3 Observed Standard Holidays
- Company group health insurance, nominal fee for employee coverage
- Short-term & Long-term Disability included
- Optional Cafeteria Plan, Dental, Vision, Life, Insurances Available
- 401K Program with D3 matching up to 4% of your base salary
- Eligibility of Benefits as follows:
- Insurance coverage(s), paid holidays, vacation starts the first of the month following start date of employment
- 401k starts the first of the month following 30 days of employment
ConstructionView all jobs at D3 Technologies