Summary: Responsible for maintenance operations of asset, including organization of service requests, preventative maintenance program, personnel management, compliance with safety standards and customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Be part of a high-quality maintenance team following the direction of a maintenance supervisor
· Complete assign service requests.
· Report daily completion of service requests and make known of any follow up needed on outstanding items.
· Assist other team members in the completion of service requests as
· Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
· Must possess basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting, sign ordinances and pool regulations
· Contribute to the preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the asset while minimizing future
· Maintain and install energy-saving measures that promote conservation under the direction of supervisor.
· Assist in well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
· Practice safe work practices
· Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process, as required.
· Responsible for lock changes and key control program as outlined by Facilities Director for vacant turns.
· Address resident and employee concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
· Maintain accurate records at all times
· Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office, common areas and model as needed
· Work with Property Manager to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
· Participate in on-call emergency rotation
· Assist in maintenance of all amenities to include clubhouse, fitness center and swimming
· Adhere to dress code requirements
· Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
· No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. For safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical
· Must live within 30 miles of the assigned
· Background Check
· Maintenance Technicians will spend 90 to 95 percent of their time performing hands- on repairs/maintenance work. Position requires ability to transport or move up to 70 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to use ladders to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet; the ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering themselves, residents or fellow employees. Position also requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary when assisting with or performing
· A valid driver's license and current automobile insurance is required. Position requires individuals to furnish their own reliable vehicle to fulfill all of the job's functions
· Other licenses and certifications as required by local, state or federal law
· Basic hand tools (not provided by community)
· Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment
· All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow associates, and residents
· Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwear (work boots)
· Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
· Major appliances
· Intermediate plumbing
· Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
· General carpentry
· Pool care (if required by community)
· Roofs and gutters
· General irrigation maintenance and repairs
· Fountain maintenance and repairs
· Foundation/sidewalk repairs
· Ice/snow removal
· Golf carts and small engine maintenance
· Basic vehicle maintenance as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
DLH Properties, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Our team members are like our family