RF Design Assistant - Entry Level Position
A Radio Frequency Design Assistant will support the engineering department with the design and execution of tasks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate with engineering and project managers to provided DAS floor plans, details, diagrams and record drawings using iBwave, Bluebeam, AutoCAD and other graphic software.
2. Interpret redlined drawings and transfer information into iBwave, Bluebeam, AutoCAD or other design software.
3. Download incoming files- PDF, AutoCAD, Revit and review incoming information and identify level of completeness.
4. Create PDFs from AutoCAD files and IBWAVE files.
5. Provide design support to engineering staff including, but not necessarily limited to:
a. Set up of building models in IBWAVE to include import of image files, scrubbing of walls files, importing of walls files and correct assignment of materials to walls files.
b. Development of new installation details and modification of existing installation details created in AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio
c. Perform area takeoffs from Bluebeam and AutoCAD formats.
d. Other tasks as growth opportunities allow.
To perform the job of RF Design Assistant successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Demonstrates attention to detail. Collects and researches data.
2. Customer Service - Responds promptly and politely to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
3. Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback.
4. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively. Writes and speaks English fluently.
5. Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively.
6. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
7. Safety - Observes safety procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a "can do" attitude be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Two-year College or university program certificate or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. AutoCAD certification and IBWAVE experience is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to write and speak English fluently.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat/Bluebeam. Applicant should be competent in AutoCAD.
Certificates and Licenses
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Engineering Operations Manager