Senior Accountant CPA
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Who are you: We are seeking an experienced Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our accounting team. You’ll be responsible for participating with other DNWPA staff to accomplish a variety of accounting/tax office functions.
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of accounting fundamentals, information systems, and tax return preparation and can collaborate with clients and staff. Daily duties will include managing client interactions including their tax and accounting needs, classifying clients' daily transactions, and recommending ways to improve their financial reporting. You will play a vital role in our client’s financial operations, ensuring compliance with accounting rules and tax laws.
Previous work experience, along with a degree in Accounting and a CPA qualification is required for this role. This role reports directly to the CPA owner and will have the opportunity for career development.
As a Senior Accountant CPA, you will:
Take initiative and participate in team and individual projects as assigned
Examine & Manage Financial Information:
- Perform full accounting cycle review
- Oversee transaction reconciliation and manage accounts payable/receivable
- Monitor client bookkeeping activities regularly
- Prepare and record asset, liability, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information and source documents, ensuring the integrity of input and proper classification, adjusting accordingly, and resolving discrepancies
- Reconcile multiple bank and credit card accounts as needed
- Maintain financial documentation according to policies and procedures
Tax Return Preparation:
- Generate a year-end working trial balance for purposes of business tax return preparation
- Prepare business, property, sales, and individual tax returns. Review the accuracy of total taxes calculated, obtain and file appropriate source documents to support deductions, and ensure that clients are aware of compliance requirements
Tax Planning and Advising Clients on Financial and Tax Decisions:
- Drive projects, provide accounting guidance, and often serve as the primary contact for clients and their financial and business partners
Stay informed on industry developments and changes in laws and regulations
Keep all firm and client financial information confidential. NDA is required upon employment
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in accounting, ideally with prior demonstrated experience in AP, ledger, monthly close, audits, and internal controls
- Required Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited University or College
- Impeccable levels of attention to detail paired with the ability to execute multiple priorities in a timely and communicative manner
- Moderate to advanced experience with spreadsheets - i.e. MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Experience with Xero software, ADP Payroll, Citrix ShareFile, and Quickbooks
- Understanding of payroll/benefit reconciliations
- Familiarity with US GAAP, financial reporting, accounting metrics and principles
- Possess excellent judgment abilities and a high level of professional integrity
- A self-starter attitude and willingness to take initiative on new projects and drive them to successful completion
- Local to Anderson/Greenville, SC
Nice to haves:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred though a candidate actively working towards certification will be considered
- Passion for managing others or the willingness to move into management roles
- Knowledge of website development and ongoing maintenance with WordPress
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
Compensation Package Range: $50,000-$70,000 + Merit Bonus and Commission
Featured benefits (subject to change):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance considered based on needs
- Simple IRA after 1 year of employment
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended anytime at the sole discretion of the employer.
We are committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
D N Woodruff PaAnderson, SC
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.