D&T Reliable Transportation is a NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION (NEMT) company that is expanding and opening an office in the city of Hayward and seeks qualified drivers/Transportation Specialists to launch this new market. Our Transportation Specialists/Drivers transport our clients to and from clinics, hospitals, and a variety of services in the cities of Alameda-Santa Clara. The primary office location will be in Hayward where vehicles will be picked up, with clients between the cities of Alameda and Santa Clara. This is a physical position fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual motion, driving and assisting clients into and out of vehicles.
D&T Reliable Transportation provides brand new quality, well-maintained vehicles, equipment, and gas. All training, certifications, and screenings will be done at the company’s expense.
Pay is weekly and plenty of over time-time is available. If you are interested, please review the additional information below. If you meet all the requirements, respond to this add and someone from our HR department will contact you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Ability to use mobile technology such as Bluetooth enabled cellular phones and tablets
- Maintain a customer-focused, customer service attitude throughout the course of your shift
- Arrive at pick-up locations in a timely manner
- Ensure patients arrive at their destinations before their appointments
- Complete documentation using assigned technology during the course of your shift.
- Complies with established Company policies and procedures
- Assumes other duties as assigned
- Returns Company vehicles and equipment clean and in good working order
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred. Some college coursework is desired. Minimum of six months driving and/or healthcare experience is desired. Possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Must qualify for Corporate insurance programs, including vehicle insurance. Must meet California DHCS testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of regulations when/as required.
- Copy of valid/current California driver license;
- Only California License
- No more than 1 moving violation or at-fault accidents in the past 3 years
- No DUI/DWI in the past 3 years and no suspensions in the past 5 years
- Valid Social Security Card
- LA City Non-Ambulatory Driver Permit (DOT)
- Current CPR Certificate (Company Provided)
- Current First Aid Certificate (Company Provided)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- No felonies or misdemeanors in the last 7 years
- No sex or violent crimes
- Drug test required (Company Provided)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical examination (if applicable)
- Work an established schedule to include alternating Saturday shifts
- Ability to obtain a Special Driver Permit (if applicable)
- Ability to complete and maintain certification in wheelchair securement (company assisted)
***Contact us between 10am-4pm (MON-FRI) @ 210 442 8431
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Interview Schedule: During the week of December 16th, 2019
D&T Reliable Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.