CNC Machinist (2 yrs CNC experience required)
D&N Machining Greenwood, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring for 1st and 2nd shift. Pay depends on experience and ability. Overtime a must.
CNC Operator Machinist Job Responsibilities:
Produces machined parts by programming editing, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Operator Machinist Job Duties:
· Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
· Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
· Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
· Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
· Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to D&N Machining standards.
· Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
· Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment.
D&N MachiningWhy Work Here?
Strong team. 4-day workweek. Great benefits and opportunity to grow. Simply the best and brightest machinists around!
Established in 1985, D&N Machining is a FAA 145 Certified Repair Station, AS9100, and ISO 9001 certified precision machining company. We specialize in the Oil & Gas and Aerospace sector while servicing many other industries.
18320 Hwy 71 SGreenwood, AR
ManufacturingView all jobs at D&N Machining