- Posted: 7 days ago
D&M Industries is hiring a full-time Controller to play a vital role in our accounting and finance team. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits, such as employee ownership (ESOP), 8 paid holidays, including Black Friday and Christmas Eve, generous vacation time, and flexibility to balance work and home life. You'll work in a down-to-earth, casual environment with a positive, team-oriented culture. In addition, this position offers health and wellness benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options.
As the Controller, you will work closely with the CFO and the other accounting team members to manage the internal and external financial reporting requirements of D&M. With some daily transactional tasks combined with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements. This position helps keep D&M's financial systems and processes running smoothly.
This management position reports to the CFO and will play an important role in future growth and development, along with senior management succession planning over time.
The Controller manages the monthly close and reporting process, assists with contract analysis, tracks cash position, plays a pivotal role in the annual budgeting process, manages sales tax reporting requirements, and helps provide information to the external CPA firm for the annual financial statement audit and federal/state tax returns. In addition, daily, the Controller reviews current billings and helps prepare pay requests for currently open jobs.
Our Ideal Controller:
- Is a "numbers person," who can understand and explain financial information to other employee-owners who may not be "numbers people"
- Ideally, holds a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or another relevant field
- Possesses 5 or more years of experience in a progressively responsible financial leadership role, preferably in the construction industry
- Holds a professional designation CPA/MBA (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrates excellent organization, critical thinking, and time-management skills
- Tracks and meets deadlines for internal and external reporting requirements
- Understands the tremendous value and potential of being part of a growing employee-owned business.
Who We Are
D&M Industries is proud to be 100% employee-owned! As a nationwide one-step material supplier for commercial and residential renovations and new construction projects, we supply interior and exterior doors, frames, millwork, stair parts, windows, finishing hardware, and prefinishing.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?