Title: Lead Graphic Designer, San Francisco, CA
Are you a creative, innovative commercial artist with a knack for problem solving? Do you view design as a tool to effectively engage and communicate with diverse audiences? Are you passionate about your work, and ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact on your community? Does your design work convey compelling stories. If you’re just looking for a job until you find the right job please don’t apply. If you are looking for a place to put down roots, believe in the saying “rising tides lifts all boats” then we are looking for you. We’re looking for more than a talented person, we’re looking for the right fit,
In this exciting role, you will engage your talent and experience in advertising, public relations, marketing, branding, and community engagement as part of multiple project teams in a wide variety of functions. Every day, you’ll rely on your knowledge of design skills, while also demonstrating your creativity, adaptability, and ability to solve design problems under pressure.
- Use your design and artistic wizardry to solve a variety of visual communication challenges.
- Work closely with Project Managers to identify client visual communication needs, and then develop compelling and creative artwork to meet them
- Produce reports and proposals that are integral to our firm and clients’ businesses
- Produce creative collateral, advertising and websites that will appear throughout the Bay Area--and beyond.
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design or closely related field
- 2-4 years of experience in graphic design for both print and digital media (including web design)
- 2-4 years of experience working in UX design or within a design studio developing design concepts in all phases from start to finish.
- Strong talent for presenting complex, technical information in a visually compelling and accessible way
- Specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design, printing and layout
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac environment, as well as Google applications
- Experience working in the public sector and/or an advertising, public relations or marketing agency (preferred not required)
- Experience developing new business development proposals (preferred not required)
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS and/or Wordpress (preferred not required)
- Photography and/or videography talent and experience (preferred not required)
Key attributes, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Superior communication skills, ability to understand how to effectively convey messages to diverse audiences through visual media.
- Proven sound judgment, often working on project components with minimal direct supervision to independently design and conceptualize reports, advertisements, marketing collateral, newsletters, infographics, logos/brand mark, website design and more.
- Ability to jump into a project on a moment’s notice and quickly add value. T
- Consummate collaborators and the epitome of team players.
- Proven ability to keep their artistic ego in check to respond quickly to feedback and adapt to dynamic expectations.
- Proactive, organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines
- Service oriented
- Consistently exhibits a “can do” attitude
- Believes that job is not done until it’s done right
- Demonstrates humility
- Enthusiastic and has a good sense of humor
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty, dedication and has a strong work ethic
If this sounds like you then we are looking for a team member just like you! If you meet these qualifications and the position sounds like the perfect job for you, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio.
**Only Applicants who submit portfolios with the following designs will be considered: logo, brochure/flyer, web layout, newsletter and a report.
Competitive salary and full benefits package offered to the right person with proven required skills, abilities and expertise.