Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you'll do
Responsible for providing the technical sales and product support for chromatography resin, for process development through production scales, within in a limited geographic region working with Account Managers supporting Cytiva’s Life Science Customers. Responsibilities include providing pre-sale support, product demonstrations, seminars, team selling activities as well as post-sale support, training and/or customer service activities to support sales objectives for their Region.
- Provide expert technical leadership during sales process by demonstrating superior product and application knowledge to “design in” Cytiva chromatography resins.
- Accountable to the Chromatography Modality for performance of Regional Area sales goals. Work with your assigned area sales team to meet and exceed Modality annual sales targets.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with the top accounts in their region through personal contact on a regular basis.
- Support customer purification and manufacturing projects by providing product and application information, answering inquiries, giving presentation, assist with logistics, and providing limited Chromatography bench work in support.
- Improve customer satisfaction and retention through education, process trouble shooting and continued optimization of customer processes.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to Customers and Account Managers on products and applications within assigned region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain relationships.
- Support trade shows and professional conferences by giving product seminars, presenting posters and working trade show booth.
- Use market and product knowledge to assist sales team in developing sales, marketing and customer account sales strategies
- Provide competitive product/market reports and regular feedback on customer needs and satisfaction to internal stakeholders
- Facilitate Field Rep/Modality team communication and the sharing of best practices
- Assist with the assimilation of new hires into the organization
- Act as a mentor to new field team members, providing product, technical and professional guidance as necessary to improve the customer experience
- Communicate with other Modality Applications Specialists and Account Managers to ensure all customer and business needs are met
Who you are
- BS Degree in Science (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry) or Engineering
- Strong, working knowledge of chromatographic techniques plus hands on experience in protein purification
- Five years of progressively responsible post-bachelor’s experience as Research Scientist or Chromatography Product Specialist, or Field Application/Technical Specialist is acceptable.
- Solid problem-solving skills - ability to resolve complex problems, communicate issues and propose solutions to both external customers and internal team members.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Biopharmaceutical /Biotech Industry
- Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region as well as to periodic nationwide sales meetings and tradeshows
- Ability to communicate effectively using local language
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a company owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- M.S/PhD. Degree in related science or engineering field
- Experience with Biotech/Biopharma process development
- Experience with Pilot Plant or cGMP Biopharma production
- Working knowledge of GE Life Science BioProcess chromatography resin
- Understand of validation and FDA regulated environment
- Working knowledge of membranes and filters
- Strong presentation skills - Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms
- Demonstrated interpersonal & communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations)
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time