Job Title: QC Inspector
Company: CYTEK BIOSCIENCES, INC.
Supervisor: QA MANAGER
The QC Inspector will be responsible for performing a variety of work functions that include performing inspection and testing of raw materials and components received from suppliers, finished goods created in manufacturing, and “defective” returned materials received from the field in accordance with documented specifications and/or procedures.
The QC Inspector will work closely primarily with QA, Manufacturing, and NPI Engineering in support of continuous quality product flow from incoming inspection to finished goods distribution. At times a design issue may be identified that requires the QC Inspector to work with R&D to address the need for engineering change. The QC inspector will support all QMS policies and procedures in compliance with GMP and ISO standards. The QC Inspector will maintain a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while managing shifting priorities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and prioritize incoming Production, in-process, and finished goods inspection to meet business priorities/turnaround times.
- Conduct visual and/or dimensional QC inspection and/or testing of incoming Production materials, in-process materials, labeling, and final inspection of finished goods.
- Create and select appropriate inspection plans, inspection methods and procedures, and execute.
- Performs first article inspections and supplies data to NPI engineering and purchasing.
- Responsible for accurately recording inspection results and maintaining good documentation practices.
- Providing data analysis of results against defined specifications. Identifies problems, and proposes resolutions that are timely, cost-effective, and meet quality requirements. (i.e. OOT, NCMR)
- Ensure efficient material flow, storage of inspected parts, and accurate inventory transactions are maintained within the MRP system.
- Coordinate calibration and preventive maintenance of all test equipment with external test house.
- Pro-actively communicates information or issues that may impact product quality or costs of manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Assists in resolution of production critical supplier issues related to mechanical and electro mechanical discrepancies.
- Assumes and performs all other duties as assigned by Management
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelors of Science degree in an Engineering field Preferred. ASQ Certified Quality Technician (CQT) and/or an industry related Technical Certification is desirable, but not required.
Proficient using the Windows OS, MSOffice Applications, Engineering Change Order Systems, and Device History Records. Experience using modeling and drawing tools like Solidworks.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficient with optical inspection of mechanical parts, as well as workmanship inspection of electronic PCBAs, printed artwork and literature.
- Understands and can perform geometric tolerance, electronic assembly, laser, and material quality inspection and adhere to acceptance sampling plans.
- Must be able to distinguish between certain colors and pass a color vision test
- Reads and understands specifications and inspection criteria and applies criteria using appropriate and properly configured inspection tools.
- Reads and understands schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Works and communicates effectively and professionally with others.
- Solid understanding of and experience applying problem solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Individual will be required to be able to work in a standing position for an hour at a time.