Job Title: Technical Applications Specialist / Flow Cytometry
Company: CYTEK BIOSCIENCES, INC.
Department: Research and Development
Supervisor: Director R&D: Applications and Reagents
Territory: Eastern Region
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cytek Technical Applications Specialist (TAS) will be responsible for assisting Cytek internal and external customers with workflow development, optimization, and implementation of flow cytometry applications. Other responsibilities include:
· Work collaboratively with Cytek customers to Develop multicolor panels and assays.
· Provide onsite / remote technical consultations to Cytek customers on the use, capabilities, and troubleshooting of Cytek products (instruments, software, and reagents). Record customer interactions, and shares results of the visits and support sessions to ensure collaborative efforts between all customer facing groups.
· Develop and deliver both pre-and post-sales technical presentations in alignment with Cytek business initiatives.
· Interface with Marketing, Sales, and R&D to collaborate with customers to generate relevant data and create the content for white papers, application notes, and customer presentations.
· Creates a product demonstration strategy working with Marketing, Sales, and R&D to provide customers with instrument and reagent demonstrations.
· Makes recommendations for new products and applications as well as enhancements to existing products.
· Assists R&D in product development efforts and collaborates with the team to write, execute, and report on verification protocols.
· Provides planning input and onsite support for sales/marketing events, including technical support for trade shows, sponsored seminar series, and user group meetings.
· Acts as a technical resource for internal associates.
· Ensures technical knowledge transfer between all customer facing teams. Trains field-based and in-house technical applications associates as required.
· Assists in coordinating the shipment of demo units, equipment, and collateral to trade-shows and customer sites.
· Partners with the Service organization to rapidly resolve issues at the customer site.
· Approximately 60% travel.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identifies significant scientific and clinical trends or new issues, and participates in internal escalation process. Participates in product incident report/customer complaint reporting systems.
· Develops expertise on new products and maintains a high level of expertise on legacy instruments, reagents, software and applications.
· Promotes a safe work environment, and notifies management of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
· A minimum of a BA/BS in Life Sciences, Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or Medical Technology. Masters or PhD preferred.
· 5 to 10 years’ experience in research or clinical flow cytometry is required. Experience in both preferred.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Working knowledge of cell biology, thorough knowledge of flow cytometry and related applications.
Extensive knowledge in flow cytometry instrumentation, reagents, software platforms and the competitive landscape is required. Analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills in each of these areas.
Technical writing experience is preferred.
Previous experience providing onsite technical customer facing support is preferred.
Previous technical demonstration experience in support of Sales and Marketing preferred.
Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Effective organization and planning skills.
Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
Individual will be able to travel on commercial airlines, train, rental car to call upon potential and existing customers. Individual will be required to lift 25lbs without harm, be able to work in a standing position for an hour at a time.
Cytek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.