Data Center Operations Manager
The Data Center Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring optimal performance of data center and facility environments, systems and personnel, as well as, the daily over-site and guidance for administrative and maintenance functions.
- Manage day to day operations of cooling (production & distribution) and electrical systems
- Troubleshoot issues related to the critical infrastructure using test equipment, observation and automation, monitoring and control applications
- Proactively develop and implement maintenance activities to include both critical infrastructure and general maintenance of the physical plant (appearance)
- Report on all SLA required activities
- Maintain current status and future status reporting on all capacity thresholds within the facility
- Management of the building and its related services such as janitorial, grounds, plumbing, fuel, phone systems, etc.
- Operation and maintenance of raised floor systems, automation and control systems, fire detection and suppression systems and security systems
- Develop and document operational standards, maintenance schedules, training and testing procedures, emergency contacts, inventory requirements and vendor relationships
Environmental Services Management
- Set up and maintain environmental monitoring solutions for all managed facilities
- Work with Operations to assure monitoring is in place for delivered services
- Management of asset tracking processes and systems
Support of Customer Implementations
- Work with Implementation Manager to assure a smooth implementation process for the customer
- Review and close tickets
- Participate in 24 X 7 X 365 rotation
- Extensive experience and knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems operations and maintenance including, but not limited to, Caterpillar generator sets, Square D paralleling gear, MGE UPS systems, Trane Chiller plants and pumps, smoke detection systems and fire alarm systems
- Cable plant design and management
- Experience with building automation, monitoring and control systems (i.e. Trane Tracer Summit, SquareD PowerLogic, Caterpillar/ISO Power Lynx and Eaton Foreseer)
- Energy audits
- Project management
- AutoCad & Visio a plus
- Knowledge of building automation, monitoring and control systems including Trane Tracer Summit, SquareD PowerLogic, and Caterpillar/ISO Power Lynx
- Energy audits
- Ability to work well with all facility personnel and delegate tasks appropriately
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and document procedures and train other personnel
- Must be able to work with people at all levels internally and within the customer environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Willingness to adjust hours as required by the business to include being onsite for extended hours during emergency situations such as hurricane
- Strong Leadership skills and capabilities
- 5+ years technical experience working in a High Availability (Data Centers, Manufacturing, Hospitals) environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Facilities Management (or related field). May substitute work-related experience for degree
- Certified Plant Engineer (CPE), Certified Plant Maintenance manager (CPMM) or similar facilities-based certification preferred
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.
Get fresh Data Center Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.