Cyrus Childhood Academy (CCA) is looking for candidates for the position of Cook or food preparations. The Cook is responsible for the preparation and service of all meals (no cooking is required) and snacks to the children in our center, as well as taking inventory of all kitchen items, washing dishes and all items used in the kitchen, preparing the monthly menu for the center and ensuring that all Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) & Mecklenburg County & North Carolina State Sanitation and Health Department rules and regulations are in compliance.
The cook is also responsible for ensuring that children are served appropriate foods that meet their development as well as maintain safety precautions with foods served to children with food allergies. Our center cook must also have the ability to work within our classrooms in a support role. Providing transportation via a center vehicle is a preferred responsibility for this position as well.
Applicant must pass specific Criminal Background Check (NC DHHS) is required by law for all persons who work in a child care facility in North Carolina. Information is given in the following link: https://ncchildcarecbc.nc.gov/
• NC DHHS Criminal Background Check (CRC)
• Active negative TB test is must
• Ability to relate positively to young children is essential.
• Experience in a child care center, preschool is preferred.
• Must meet Cyrus Childhood Academy safety and overall standards
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
• Qualified applicants should submit resumes by responding to this ad. We look forward to meeting you and having you join us as a key asset to our center!
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Please local & serious individuals (with both available CRC & TB Test).