System Engineer / L3 Support - MS and Citrix
Cyrten King of Prussia, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
System Engineer / Admin / L3 Support - Citrix / MS
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please reply with a copy of your latest resume in *.doc format and I will call you to discuss the client, interview process, etc.
All my submittals go directly to the hiring Manager and not HR or get lost in the clients ATS.
My client usually responds and schedules MSTeams interviews within 48 to 72 hours
Type: Direct Hire / Permanent / Full Time
Salary: Range Open to Discussion
*Location: King of Prussia, PA
*Remote: Work from home as of now due to Covid after in office 1 to 2 days a week if that
Travel: Will be traveling to local tri-state clients as needed 10% +/-
Must be equally strong in all of the following: Citrix / Network / MS Server / VMware / O365
My client is interested in hiring a Sr. Systems Engineer / Admin / L3 Support to work as a member of their Service Delivery Team. You will work daily with a designated Service Delivery Manager providing operational support, remediation, and enhancements for their most valued clients. In addition, you will be capable of working independently on small scale projects in addition to identifying and acting upon IT best practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage account provisioning and deprovisioning through a Hybrid Azure Active Directory environment
- Represent IT in new service request meetings and create justification documents for new services.
- Ensure the documentation and configurations are current.
- Work side by side with the Service Delivery Management group for customer consulting, escalations, weekly/monthly cadence calls, disaster recovery testing, etc.
- Assist Infrastructure Administrators with server builds and configuration changes, as necessary.
- Work with our Support Engineers to troubleshoot and coordinate Incident resolution or workaround as it pertains to services, software, and systems.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware and Hyper-V
- Coordination and implementation of system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs and industry standards.
- Working directly with senior technical engineers to implement new technologies and best practices through our diverse customers environments.
- Minor project work as required for new or existing customers including new infrastructure hardware, software, and cloud solutions.
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of progress related to enhancements or individual incident activities.
What You Need for the Position
1) To be a team member/player. Be collaborative and knows how to handle conflict. Disagreements internally, or with clients.
2) Knowing how to deal with difficult clients, without offending or angering them more.
3) Have a keen ability to handle multiple things at the same time aka "Be able to multi-task."
4) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products – Windows 2016, 2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc along with providing engineering design and architecture support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions.
Citrix Background is the Key
- Strong working knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and associated technologies
- Working knowledge of Citrix NetScaler
- Knowledge of PVS or MCS
- Knowledge of Citrix 1912, 1912 LTSR, 1909, 7.15, 7.6, etc.
- Strong understanding of Citrix environments – NetScaler, Storefront, Storage, Delivery Controllers, XenServers, etc.
- Expert with Windows Server 2012/2016 platform.
- Expert with Active Directory design, implementation, administration. GPM, DNS, DHCP
- Expert with VMWare 6.0 or higher support & administration. Exposure to virtualization
- Experience with NetScaler’s a plus
- Expert with Microsoft Windows 10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office 2010/2016
- Expert with Office 365 Suite
- · Experience working in a multi-site environment handling tickets and ensuring their completion.
- · Experience with SharePoint or a document management system such as IT Glue is a plus.
- · Experience with enterprise SAN and NAS configurations.
- · Experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion protection system (IPS).
- · Experience with administration & support of Exchange 2016 Server and Exchange in the Cloud
- · Experience scripting with Windows (PowerShell).
- · Experience Windows patch management.
- · Experience with Security, Backup and Disaster Recovery strategies, such as Veeam, Zerto, Avamar.
- · Experience with managing a server room environment- running cabling, racking servers & network equipment.
- · Functional knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancing, VLAN segmentation, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple issues across multiple sites.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, stay organized, and effectively handle shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to think creatively and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to provide timely feedback related to customer service.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong working knowledge of IT system fundamentals
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Participate in an on-call emergency rotation if needed
- Participate in Tier 2/3 support if needed
- Participate on Bridge calls involving Major Incident involving Severity 1 and 2 events
Experience / Education / Certifications
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer / Support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline
- No Degree with 5+ equivalent experience / Certifications / Training
- ITIL foundation expertise relating to Incident, Change, and Problem Management.
- Citrix and VMware understanding are a plus
- Previous MSP experience a plus
- ConnectWise knowledge a plus
* No Sponsorship Available
* No 3rd Party Vendors
* No 3rd Party Candidates
AddressKing of Prussia, PA
TechnologyView all jobs at Cyrten