The Cypress of Charlotte Club has exciting Full-time opportunities available for a CNA to utilize their clinical skills, talents, and creativity on a daily basis in a country club atmosphere.
Shift will be 8am-8pm three days one week, and four days the next with rotating weekends.
The duties include all activities of daily living and the caregiver is responsible for 4 members.
- Visits those identified as “at risk” for behavior observation, monitoring functional capabilities, providing encouragement and support.
- Routinely follows up with members currently or recuperating from illness or hospitalization.
- Assists members with making appointments.
- Give reminders to take medication.
- Facilitates exercise programs and encourages member to participate in campus activities.
- Offers companionship for off campus excursions/appointments/shopping.
- Provides ambulation/wheelchair assistance for on campus events.
- Assists with ADL’s, dressing/bathing, meal preparation and household tasks including light laundry, dishes and bed making.
- Observes and reports changes in behavior/appearance noted during casual contact.
- Check blood pressures and assist with blood sugar testing when needed.
- Performance of assigned tasks in emergency situations including fire, electrical and disasters.
- Must have one year of experience as a CNA.
- Must have valid NC CNA license and completion of training course.
- Current listing on the Department of Facility Services Nurse Aide Registry with no substantial findings of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of resident property in nursing home.
- Must have valid drivers' license with clean driving record
- Ability to work in an environment with pets and assist members with their pet needs (i.e. walking, feeding, cleaning up after)
- Experience in geriatrics, and with Dementia and Alzheimer's preferred.
- Proficient skills and knowledge of Certified Nursing Assistant duties and responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to frequently stand, stoop, bend, squat throughout a shift and able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day. Must be able to lift 50 pounds with or without assistance and assist in transferring, turning and/or positioning up to 125 pounds and push/pull a wheelchair with residents weighing up to 200 lbs independently. Must be able to push a wheeled medication cart for up to 50ft.
Join our Home Care Team that is dedicated to care and to serve!