Job Summary for the Sr Software Developer
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-driven sr software developer to join our team. As one of our developers, you will partner with our team to design solutions and deliver projects, demonstrate a strong work ethic in a professional and collaborative environment, all under tight timelines. Within a fast-paced day, the team creates a strong and supportive environment that adapts well to change, new ideas, experimentation, and growth. We encourage curiosity, learning, challenging the norm and alternative ideas, all while evolving our best practices in both software development and process to make us better. The right candidate will be an active driver of this evolution forward.
Responsibilities of the Sr Software Developer
- Actively participate in Dev planning, design sessions, unit testing, and partnering with QA to ensure code fits the business requirement.
- Working closely with team members to help them identify, define and document business/technical requirements.
- High collaboration with the team discussing options and enhancement opportunities.
- Ensure timely delivery of technical project & release deliverables
- The candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities while navigating daily opportunities
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem-solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business.
- Enjoy a healthy technical debate but know how to collaboratively solve problems that move everyone forward
- Use logical analysis, theoretical deduction, and sound reasoning to troubleshoot challenging technical and business problems
- Work efficiently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Follow DevOps practices - exhibit ownership over application(s) and code from development through deployment
Qualifications of the Sr Software Developer
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, self-directed, self-motivated, with a strong capacity for working successfully and flexibly with members across the organization.
- REST API design experience with JSON preferred
- Experience with SQL design/development a plus
- Experience and interest working in cloud-based environments preferred
- Experience with Jenkins, and automated deployments a plus
- Easy to work with, stays confident and optimistic in the face of challenges
- Strong communications skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people and work with a variety of internal and external development groups
- Exhibit familiarity with Front end development on the web
Requirements for the Sr Software Developer
- Web API experience
- Expert knowledge of Database design and development
- AWS or other cloud experience
- GIT source control system
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience with SOAP and REST-based web services
- Understanding of best practices in security (SSL, TLS, SSH, Public Key Encryption, etc)
- Nice to haves: experience with EntityFramework, ASP MVC, and Design Patterns
Education and/or Experience of the Sr Software Developer
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering and design.
NO RELOCATION is available for this position. Must work in Castle Rock, CO