Medical Assistant- Doctors on Duty Salinas, CA
Doctors on Duty in Monterey is now hiring a full-time Medical Assistant. Evenings and Weekends will be required.
The Medical Assistant assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician by performing a variety of duties. Depending upon training, experience, and supervision, the Medical Assistant will administer injections, perform EKGs and laboratory tests (venipuncture), and apply bandages. The Medical Assistant performs basic administrative, clerical, and technical support services for a licensed physician at our COVID Testing Site.
*Must be able to work nights and weekends*
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
We require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare patient for physician evaluation (e.g., room patient, take vitals, etc.). Interview patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information in patients' electronic medical record. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assure prompt patient flow.
- Assist physician with evaluation and treatment.
- Conduct various procedures as indicated (e.g., immunizations, injections, lab procedures such as rapid strep and flu tests, urinalysis, etc.).
- Administer medication by intradermal, subcutaneous, or intramuscular injection only.
- Coordinate the flow of patients in the examination and treatment areas to ensure efficient use of the facility and physician.
- Restock lab area daily, including all drawers and treatment trays.
- Maintain inventory of medications and medical supplies, and follow all procedures regarding expired medications.
- Maintain current CPR certifications.
- Assist in receiving and discharging patients.
- Train other designated employees to take vital signs and prepare patients for physician evaluation.
- Answer phones and return calls within defined time frames.
- Perform various clerical functions as assigned by Management, monitor and order supplies and assist receptionist as needed.
- Sterilize (autoclave) and wrap instruments.
- Ability to calculate correct medication dosage using manufacturer's dosage calculation charts.
- Perform general cleaning duties, including: clean and restock treatment rooms and restrooms; clean spills on floors; clean break area, continual cleaning of the general area, clean up after yourself, vacuum, straighten and tidy reception area frequently, and spot clean any surface in need of immediate cleaning, including the outside of the clinic.
- Maintains concise documentation in patients' electronic medical records.
- Scans documentation into patients' electronic medical records and updates appropriate care guidelines for tracking/performance reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have MA certificate or equivalent experience.
- Must meet all legal requirements, including minimum age of 18 years.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate (i.e., be familiar with a PC and basic software, such as Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Bilingual may be required at certain clinics or during certain shifts.
Cypress Healthcare Partners
100 Wilson RdSalinas, CA
HealthcareView All Cypress Healthcare Partners Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.