IT Systems Administrator I
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $100,000 Yearly
The position is an IT Systems Administrator I, who will be responsible for the administration and security of the computer-bases information systems. This position will work with the other IT staff to manage and support Cypress and its clients. IT resources supported include servers, PCs (approximately 800+), and computerized management information systems. Competencies for this position include basic services for telephone systems (both VoIP and Digital PBX), though third-party telecom vendors are retained to provide additional support. This position will install, repair and configure servers, PCs, typical business software (e.g., Exchange Server, Microsoft Office) and specialized healthcare practice management and EMR software. This position assists in designing, implementing and maintaining LAN/WAN for approximately 25-35 locations.
The position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment and reports to a senior Cypress executive, currently April Fleeman, Vice President. This is an exempt position, and depending on qualifications and Company need, this job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
Working under the direction and supervision of the Vice President, Senior Management and Clients, this position helps determine scope and priorities of projects, discuss system capacity, and coordinate equipment acquisitions. The ideal candidate must be able to provide support for Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, VMware and other Server Hardware and Software. Strong knowledge of network security a requirement. This position must be well-versed on cyber security.
Description of Cypress: Cypress provides medical practice management services to over 500 licensed medical providers (including physicians, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), psychologists, licensed clinical social workers, radiological technologists, physical therapists, registered dieticians, and other licensed clinical personnel). Cypress employs approximately 120 full- time staff at its Corporate Office, and up to two-thirds of the Corporate Office staff work remotely from home full-time or part-time.
Cypress’s major clients are SVMHS/Salinas Valley Medical Clinic, Montage Medical Group, Doctors on Duty, Salinas Valley Emergency Medical Group, Monterey Hospitalist Medical Group, Monterey County Surgical Associates and Salinas Valley Plastic Surgery Associates. Annual patient encounters for these groups exceed 1M.Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in the implementation, installation, configuration, operation and repair of information systems for the organization and its clients. For example, this position may be responsible for installing encryption software on the PCs used in medical clinics. Plans and installs the hardware and peripherals for Cypress’s and its clients’ networks. Monitors the computer systems to ensure the equipment is functioning properly.
- Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions. Evaluates vendor proposals and technology to secure needed services, hardware/software.
- Works with outside vendors to assist in maintaining, upgrading, and replacing phone systems used by Cypress and its clients.
- Assists with the highly specialized physician practice management and EMR systems used by Cypress and its clients. Most of Cypress’s clients are now using the Epic electronic health record; SVMHS and Montage Health each host and maintain their Epic systems used by their medical groups and providers.
- Assists other IT staff with issues and problems, providing escalation path for more complex issues.
- In collaboration with the rest of the IT Team and senior management, assesses, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance (e.g., HIPAA).
- Assists, as directed, with Windows update scheduling, backup, storage, and recovery functions. Back up includes on-site back up, mirroring and disaster recovery back up (phoenixNAP).
- Assists, as directed, with the set-up, maintenance and upgrade of the organization’s LANs and WANs, including the Corporate Office’s servers. Assists with wireless set up, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Focuses on network and cyber security, including ensuring appropriate updates and patches to software. Oversees: back-up and disaster recovery; cyber threats (e.g., ransomware); web filtering (Titan); spam filtering (Titan); MFA (Duo and Imprivata); encryption of all devices used for business; firewalls (SonicWall); and email encryption software (Zix).
- Coordinates IT response efforts to unplanned outages and security issues. Plans for redundancies in the event of power or internet outages and interruptions.
- Maintains a good working relationship with clients, clients’ IT departments, outside consultants and vendors. Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Consistently demonstrates a professional, self-directed approach to IT Department responsibilities.
- Ensures safe and secure remote access for Work from Home (WFH) employees (e.g., Splashtop remote access; VPN).
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ recommended.
- Microsoft Certified preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex IT issues to non-technical individuals.
- Experience with currently used and supported versions of Windows Server, Exchange Server, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, data back-up software, anti-virus software, spam filters, firewalls and VPNs.
- Must be able to install, configure, diagnose and repair server hardware and software. Must be familiar with TCP/IP (and other common protocols), Internet connections and Wi-Fi.
- Reliable transportation; valid unrestricted CA driver’s license; at least minimum required automobile liability insurance.
Our business model is based on the premise that the highest and best use of a physician's time is to see and treat patients. When physicians spend time on the administrative tasks that we provide, they are not performing "at the top of their license." They are our clients, and by providing administrative support, we are able to make their professional lives easier and more productive.
Formed in 1996, Cypress Healthcare Partners is a physician practice management company who provides various services to physician and non-physician practitioners in Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties. Cypress's clients include Salinas Valley Medical Clinics, Montage Medical Group, Doctors on Duty, Salinas Valley Plastic Surgery Associates, and Monterey County Surgical Associates, who hire for a variety of roles supporting their primary care and specialty practices.
Why Join Us?
Welcome! As an employee of CHP, you will be an important member of a team effort. We hope you will find your position with CHP rewarding, challenging and productive. We want to foster a work environment that encourages people to improve, learn, better their skills and professionally advance their careers. There is no employee or position within our organization that does not have the ability to have a major impact on our business; a caring PA, a polite receptionist, a professional collector, an efficient medical assistant - all individually have the ability to make us successful.
We all make a difference - a big difference.
Cypress Healthcare Partners
TechnologyView all jobs at Cypress Healthcare Partners
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?