Director of Operations-Salinas Valley Medical Clinic
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position oversees the adequacy and soundness of SVMC’s operational and financial policies and procedures. Maintains daily operations, implements strategies as identified by SVMC’s Executive Team, and coordinates the use of appropriate resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Includes but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the daily operations by driving operational excellence across all SVMC clinics.
- Directs Managers/Administrators at all SVMC practices and maintains staff policies and practices in conjunction with affected departments such as HR, credentialing, accounting, billing, and collection, IT, etc.
- Conducts analyses to identify opportunities to improve provider and patient experiences, streamlines end-to-end operations, and measures performance against our success metrics.
- Builds a first-rate team of Managers/Administrators and works shoulder-to-shoulder with the whole SVMC team.
- Displays good judgment in hiring, mentoring, developing and coaching Managers/Administrators. Encourage professional development of managers and administrators and work to develop their skills and addresses their weaknesses.
- Appropriately communicates with others. Keeps SVMC leadership appropriately informed via email or in-person briefings or relevant important information.
- Looks for opportunities for process improvement, with particulate emphasis on automation and technology.
- Is a proficient and strong user of Epic, ADP, MedTrainer and other systems used within SVMC. Skilled at accessing common reports needed to make effective and informed management decisions.
- Develops and submits recommendations for the efficient, quality and compliant operations. Responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of all policies established by SVMC Leadership.
- Works with SVMC Leadership and the Enterprise Population Health team to support population health management activities surrounding quality measures and reimbursement for programs such as MACRA/MIPS, Anthem HMO/EPHC, Aspire, CCAH, etc.
- Oversees the implementation and monitoring of established workflows surrounding quality metrics; consults with SVMC Executive Team and/or Epic Credentialed Trainers regarding any discrepancies, concerns or challenges encountered.
- Works with the Revenue Cycle and Management teams to monitor key metrics and benchmarks to ensure that billing and collections are within acceptable ranges (e.g., unsigned provider notes, registration work queues, etc.).
- Presents to SVMC Executive Team any periodic reports reflecting the services and operational activities of the difference service lines or practice locations including month end metrics, operational dashboards and benchmarking reports.
- Prepares a plan for how service lines can assist in the achievement of SVMC’s strategy with periodic reviews and updates to such plan.
- Establishes and maintains high-level employee engagement and morale.
- Diligently works to obtain and maintain any necessary or desirable accreditations, licenses and certifications of the practices including but not limited to PCMH and CDPH compliance.
- Working in conjunction with the Managers/Administrators and facilities, maintains physical properties in good and safe state of repair and operation.
- Demonstrates a professional image and positive attitude toward all patients and staff. Manages-up staff and supports quality patient care and caring.
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge and demonstrates understanding of the policies and procedures of SVMC.
- In conjunction with the HR Director, ensures SVMC is in compliance with OSHA, HIPAA, IIPP, SDS, P&P, APP, Medical Waste, Quality Assurance, and Equipment Logs as well as Facility Licenses and Certifications.
- Maintains a working knowledge of CPT, ICD-10/HCC, and HCPCS coding as well as risk adjustment and risk-bearing payor policies.
- Takes independent initiative to get things done, requiring minimal oversight and reminders to complete projects and tasks.
- Appropriately prioritizes tasks and projects (focusing on the things that will really make a difference).
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 5-7 years prior experience as a medical practice manager or administrator with a medical practice of more than 25+ physicians in multiple locations. Ability to work cooperatively with physicians and management teams.
- MHA, MBA or Master’s Degree in a field related to healthcare or business administration is preferred.
- Financial expertise in healthcare fiscal management.
- Epic EHR experience preferred, this position must become reasonably proficient using Epic, particularly for operational workflows as well as management reporting purposes.
- Current California Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) through MGMA’s American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Direct management responsibility of the operational management team within SVMC which ranges from 20 -25 Managers and Administrators. These Managers and Administrators directly manage a team of approximately 450-500 employees.
Due to the state mandate for Healthcare Workers, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. In addition, Healthcare Workers must receive a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccination by March 1, 2022 or 15 days after becoming eligible (whichever date is later).
Cypress Healthcare Partners
BusinessView all jobs at Cypress Healthcare Partners