Accounting Financial Analyst
Cypress Healthcare Partners Monterey, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
The Financial Analyst will analyze past financial performance to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial strategy. The Financial Analyst is a key member of the finance team and will support senior management and various business units by providing financial and operational analysis. As a member of the Finance Department, they will be involved in various cross-functional team efforts such as business planning, strategic decision-making, and profitability analyses. The Financial Analyst will also engage with the company’s Strategic Planning Process by tracking project success metrics and assisting with executive-level presentations and reports.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Determines and devises data survey collection, research techniques, data interpretation and analytical methodology to analyze financial data.
- Ensure consistency in the accounting/finance policies and procedures, methodology used to calculate significant accounting estimates, and proper GAAP reporting across all financial reports.
- Uses statistical, economic and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports. Makes recommendations related to financial trends, economic and business forecasts, and clinic performance. Suggests remedial measures.
- Prepare and analyze Physician Compensation, summarize quarterly using industry benchmarks.
- Serves as project leader, providing work instruction and assignments, coordinating efforts and report completion.
- Budget preparation and analysis with direction for Senior Leadership
- Evaluates operational techniques, budgets, programs and practices to ensure most economic operation.
- Develops financial plans and reports for organizational leaders.
- Evaluates capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Develops automated reporting and forecasting tools for more efficient use of data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced to expert level Excel skills in complex financial modeling and reporting.
- Experience performing complex analyses and creating Excel models, including VBA knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field required.
- Three years of experience performing project research and analysis; two or more years in a health care organization preferred.
Cypress Healthcare Partners
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Cypress Healthcare Partners