We are looking for Welder / Assembler for our client in Cincinnati, OH
Job Title: Welder / Assembler
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time”
- Welds together metal components with electric MIG-welding equipment by performing the following duties (80% of which is galvanized material).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Threads the proper electrode wire through a portable welding gun.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, occasionally specified by appropriate certified welding procedure(s).
- It starts the power supply to produce an electric current.
- Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of the workpiece.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining the length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, the sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Average welding gauge is 18 gauge - .040
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fill holes.
- Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
- Tacks assemblies together.